Skip to content

Overhaul Discussion on Baldur's Gate

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2013
    IIRC this AMA was fairly well-publicized here on the boards when it happened. It was a very cool initiative - this was a few months before BG:EE was released and I'm pretty sure that was the peak of people's anticipation.

But it's awesome that you posted the link here for anyone who wasn't around back then.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yup was stickied at the time
    Also happened to occur on the same day as barack obama's reddit interview.

Personally, I like to think that it was overhaul's one which brought reddit down and Obama was sitting there all disappointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    In that case, you saved yourself from a lot of speculation/anticipation/etc.

A few days before the EE was announced, baldursgate.com went online with nothing but a countdown and most folks had no idea of what to expect. By then a project like the EE sounded too good to be true.

It's a shame now a lot of people take it for granted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Kilivitz

In that case, you lost all the fun we had from a lot of speculation/anticipation/etc.

There... fixed it ;)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yeah. Looking back, I'm not real proud of my contribution to that discussion. I mean, it was amusing, but discovering soon after that everyone was obsessed with bisexual NPCs ...