Skip to content

Free Action Rules Check

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
edited April 2013 in Not An Issue
The user and all related content has been deleted.
1.png 1.4M
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    I'm afraid you'd be better served summoning the rules lawyers for this one. Letting it remove encumbrance would open an exploit; OTOH it's currently contradicting the spirit of free action. If I were DM'ing I'd allow free action to overcome encumbrance but pile up the fatigue penalties faster to offset the advantage. I don't think anything is going to change for the game, though.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Encumbrance is a special case; it's not affected by Free Action because it has more to do with your ability to carry things than it has to do with your ability to move. PnP rules don't let Free Action (or similar effects) make you immune to encumbrance, although from what I recall the PnP rules say so more or less explicitly.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Well, I never claimed to be a good DM. :) Thanks @Aosaw!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Psst. @Samus Come 'ere. I gots a secret! Spiders Bane grants a very rare and valuable special form of free action. This special free action protects from negative movement modifiers like hold and slow while actually enabling positive movement modifiers like haste. The only other item I know of that grants this is Keldorn's armor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.