Skip to content

Rewriting Throne of Bhaal?

2»

Comments

• ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Drugar said:

This way, the final part of the game is much more dramatic, much more personal and it reminds you of the entire series, instead of being a self-contained unit like now.
    And it removes Melissan.
    God I hate Mellissan.

This is definitely one of the things that I dislike most about ToB, the shallow and utterly predictable Melissan issue which plagues the entire expansion. Most people see right through her from the first encounter and are just forced to have their character act like a moron that can't see what's going on, it's very frustrating. I like the alternate end-boss scenario that you presented.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    It all depends how much of a rewrite you are talking about. I wouldn't mind some changes, and for that matter, to make it much longer, but for the most part I don't mind it.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited April 2013
    ---SPOILERS---

@Drugar , Viekang chunks himself on the magical field surrounding Saradush.
    @Raistlin82 , I find Irenicus to actually be a complex character since he doesn't do evil for the lulz. He first tried to enter the Elven Pantheon by tapping the tree of life(not killing it) and failed. He was then stripped of his elven immortality, and became an outcast, never able to return home to Suldanessellar. Even the love of his life gave him the cold shoulder, and pretended that he didn't exist.
    During his exile, he lived in solitude. He had lost everything to the point where the only thing he had left to his miserable existence was a thirst for vengeance on his own people. So, he focused on gaining the power to do it. Suddenly, Bhaalspawn began popping up. He chased down the most powerful one, and captured their entire party. He found that there was a second Bhaalspawn in the party, and began to work on them, attempting to loosen their souls from their bodies. He eventually succeeded and restored himself and his sister but allowed the character's party to live to show them the pain he had went through. He then went back to Suldanessellar and killed most of the elves there, while imprisoning his former love so she could watch everything she held dear ripped out from under her feet.
    That to me at least, doesn't sound like "generic evil wizard".

About the TOB thing, I was able to get myself to play it once. I've tried multiple attempts, but I was only able to once. I hated it with a passion.
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    i hate Melissan. Seriously, with everything else i can make peace, one way or another. But that witch bitch never really fit the story.
    Actualy, she really destracted me. She just felt unnatural in this game. Like an piece of something else injected into the game by force.
    Meh. She just sucks. From preety much every perspective. RP-wise, Lore-wise, and gameplay-wise.
    If i might me honest even the Almighty Boo fits the role of final boss better then her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Samus I've seen some seriously powerful necromancy works in the forums these last few days... Some days ago I saw a thread I had last seem July last year. Something is going on... maybe the Search function was finally fixed...
    @Samus And If I start closing very old threads people will cry CONSPIRACY...
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited April 2013
    Samus said:

Thread necromancy should not be considered so lightly! One must use the proper incantations...

Vita, Mortis, Careo...

Ya, I didn't notice that I had done that until you said this, oops. This was on my first page, wasn't even looking at the times when I posted, probably should have.
    @GemHound Naahhh old threads deserve some love too ;)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    You know, necromancy isn't the only power in use those days, Google search engine provide us with a lot of divination power to find the targets of our ressurection!

Scio Didico Peto!