Skip to content

Sarevok end fight

CrynusCrynus Member Posts: 17
I always felt the end fight needed a bit more epicness added to it. I never liked the traps at the end, felt too gimmicky. I'd like a harder fight with Sarevok and his party, with maybe more focus on Sarevok himself. He was never the difficult one when we fought him.
Was always the same old tactic, avoid traps, rush Sarevok, kill him and ignore the rest of his party. Maybe removed the traps, and have to take out his party first?

Anyone else have any thoughts on the end battle?

Comments

• AlderonAlderon Member Posts: 53
    Personally think it's fine as-is. You want more difficulty? Ramp up the difficulty settings, don't take a 'perfect party' (intentionally take one or two sub-par NPCs with you), or impose your own restrictions such as no potions / scrolls.
  • CrynusCrynus Member Posts: 17
    Well as-is, Angelo will destroy everyone with the faster combat speed. I think Sarevok should be the main threat of the fight and more imposing in the battle.

On a side note, I have beaten it hardest difficulty with many different party combinations.
    Just hoping for a little more to make the fight great, not just fine
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    Could do with a touch more difficulty if you ask me.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Really? Sarevok always played me very tough. But, I was never very good at building my characters.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The way I roleplay it, for a suitably cinematic experience, my PC has to engage Sarevok in a one-on-one, brother-vs-brother battle, while my party takes on his henchmen. And of course, Sarevok has to be the last to die.

There's also a mod that makes it so you can't kill (or hardly even damage) him until the other guys are dead.

I also tend to replace Angelo's explosion arrows with regular ones as he tends to spam them all over, damaging his own people about as much as mine. Just doesn't seem right.
  • ArndasArndas Member Posts: 42
    I recently played through ToTSC in a modded EasyTutu version of the game. By the end, I explored everywhere and completed every sidequest. When it came time to fight the final battle, I only had to cast a few buffs like haste, DUHM, and a few cleric spells. I cast fireball, cloudkill, and web. The whole fight went relatively quickly. In under 1 minute, I killed all 4 of them. I was on core rules, so I upped the difficulty, and I was still able to kill them.

What I noticed was happening was that each one of them would come out one at a time to attack. I am not sure why it was happening, but it made the fight so much easier.

My thoughts would be to make them all come out at once, and have them target the weaker party members (for more of a challenge). Maybe have them summon powerful allies or something too.
  • j0lssonij0lssoni Member Posts: 53
    I always cast Dispel Magic just on the edge of Fog of War, so the battle didn't initiate and then just repeatedly backstabbed Sarevok with my Fighter/Thief with Haste and 18/(1)00 Strength. Usually 3 Potions of Invisibility did the trick 8) Cheesy, I know.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I thought the Sarevok fight was relatively easy. Khalid was my main tank and he barely got a scratch out of the fight. Xzar had become a pretty powerful Mage too. I think the only one ouf of my party who died in the fight against Sarevok was Ajantis, which could have been avoided if I'd paid more attention, lol. I had much more trouble in defeating Irenicus, to be honest, especially in the beginning, when he summons those creatures. That certainly made the fight quite chaotic.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    20 arrows of detonation, 20 arrows of dispelling. You can pretty much clear every guy surrounding sarevok in about 10 seconds this way :p

Sarevok really needs a special trick. Sendai-style.
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2012
    Sarevok just needs to grunt more like when gorion hit him with acid arrow. He doesnt need to be tougher, just sound threatening and your brain will tell you its harder.