Skip to content

Wish

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm still a little confused about how Wish works.

Is it only affected by your wisdom score or does intelligence factor in as well?

Is there a benefit to having 21 Wisdom or is 18 good enough.

Basically, I'm about to roll a Dragon Disciple and I'm wondering if I need 18 in Wisdom and Intelligence by the end of BGEE.

Thanks!

Comments

• mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    wisdom only, if you're rolling a sorcerer (or kit of) intelligence doesn't matter

with wish, the higher wisdom, the better replies your character has access to and so better effects

intelligence only affects lore, the amount of spells a mage/wizard can learn and you're chance of failure when scribing, but does't affect sorcerers because they don't scribe and they have a set amount of spells they learn unaffected by intelligence
  • JaggedJagged Member Posts: 105
    Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Is Having 21 in wisdom even better than 18 or is there a cap?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    mjs said:

wisdom only, if you're rolling a sorcerer (or kit of) intelligence doesn't matter

with wish, the higher wisdom, the better replies your character has access to and so better effects

intelligence only affects lore, the amount of spells a mage/wizard can learn and you're chance of failure when scribing, but does't affect sorcerers because they don't scribe and they have a set amount of spells they learn unaffected by intelligence

@mjs You mean to tell me that I have been giving my sorcerer int for NOTHING?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited April 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    and you can use the golem manual (require 16 int)
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    AFAIK 18 Wisdom gives you the best result. Going above that wont help you at all. Intelligence wont matter at all either.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Intelligence is also a defense against mind flayers, a low int character will die very quickly, whereas a high int char can take a few hits.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    @lunar True. Though that's one reason Mind Flayers are on my "Kill it! Kill it way over there!" list. Hehehe~
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Samus said:

bbear said:

and you can use the golem manual (require 16 int)

Ah yes, a few wands and scrolls also have various restrictions...
    I believe the min requirement is 9 int. But a sorcerer/mage starts at 9 int anyway.