Skip to content

What you would like most, that won't happen. *BG2 spoilers*

NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
After reading the thread I started on things that people want in BG2 that they know won't happen I'm a bit curious what people want the move, so I decided to make a poll. If nothing else, it can tell would be modders whats most wanted.
  1. What you would like most, that won't happen. *BG2 spoilers*89 votes
    1. A new story line for TOB (One that possibly replaces the main villain with Bhaal or rewrites the entire plot)
      17.98%
    2. New romances for existing characters
        8.99%
    3. The return of characters from Baldur's Gate 1 (I miss you Kivan)
      24.72%
    4. Companion specific/unfinished quests (Make Mazzy a paladin, get Aerie her wings, etc)
      33.71%
    5. Other(Feel free to specify)
      14.61%

Comments

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I feel like Vicky would go for a girl and so would Aerie. But I would really enjoy an Imoen romance. I mean you basically *Spoiler* give up your soul to save her and she shows no love. I'm so disappointed in her.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Theon Greyjoy? Is that you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

I admit that Eldoth is no perfect fit, as it leaves the evil party without a healer, but at least he can keep up the dead spouse theme. Viconia is already in the game and so is Faldorn (who would make a somewhat better replacement, class-wise), and Branwen, Shar-Teel, Eldoth and Skie are all not even mentioned, so I picked them.

That said, I really like the idea of Eldoth and Shar-Teel having to deal with the shared experience of imprisonment. I think it would rankle them both something chronic to have something in common.
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Coran as a playable npc, and Aerie needs them wings
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I would like romances for Nalia . Valygar Mazzy and Haer Dalis
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    more epic D&D creatures to kill! i want to see tarrasque!
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Samus said:

I feel like Vicky would go for a girl and so would Aerie. But I would really enjoy an Imoen romance. I mean you basically *Spoiler* give up your soul to save her and she shows no love. I'm so disappointed in her.

Interesting... most interesting...
    Especially if they add a sub race drow.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

I admit that Eldoth is no perfect fit, as it leaves the evil party without a healer, but at least he can keep up the dead spouse theme. Viconia is already in the game and so is Faldorn (who would make a somewhat better replacement, class-wise), and Branwen, Shar-Teel, Eldoth and Skie are all not even mentioned, so I picked them.

That said, I really like the idea of Eldoth and Shar-Teel having to deal with the shared experience of imprisonment. I think it would rankle them both something chronic to have something in common.
    I hadn't even considered that side of the story. I would also assume that both would react to the death of Skie. It's not like Eldoth ever planned to kidnap and kill her; he planned to have her travel with the party. And he'd be a great reason to add the Diresinger kit at that point.

Shar-Teel's presence would also solve the problem of having no evil thief. Even if she was still her old fighter self with BG1 stats, she could be dualed.

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Aeire's wings would be a nice addition.

Though speaking of things we'd like to have seen, but aren't going to get. I would have liked to have seen both Baldur's Gate games and their add-ons receive a full on remake with this generations capabilities. I would have loved to have a 3D version on current gen computers and consoles.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    To be able to write your own wish after casting the "Wish" spell.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Djimmy said:

To be able to write your own wish after casting the "Wish" spell.

Stuff like that is why a computer game will never fully replace a regular game of DnD, where your wish can be anything from "I want a pastrami sandwich" to "I want all of the everything"
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    One word: Ascension.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Ah... how about all? I want deeper character interaction the most but.... can't we have them all? xD (Asking for way too much...)
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    An expanded ToB, I suppose.

I wouldn't mind seeing some cut content restored, like Yoshimo's plot. Other stuff, like giving Aerie her wings back, I'm more dubious about... it would mess up her character development (besides, if you don't want her to talk about her wings, just don't romance her; it's easy).

Hmm... I guess the thing I would like the most would be new quests for some of the existing NPC's. Aerie confronting slavers, and more Imoen.

Necdilzor said:

Ah... how about all? I want deeper character interaction the most but.... can't we have them all? xD (Asking for way too much...)

To be honest, I'm kinda glad some modern RPGs have characters whom you can talk too, get to know and become good friends with without romancing. I like getting to know my companions.
    Agreed. I know it's a popular mod and feature request subject, but I like that there are only a few romances in the game. It's logical that not everyone is going to fall madly in love with some who is not only the child of Murder incarnate, but is routinely living up to their heritage, leaving a not-so-small army of dead adversaries in their wake.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Kobold dragon disciple companion NPc. Not gonna happen, kobolds get no respect!
    DreadKhan said:

Kobold dragon disciple companion NPc. Not gonna happen, kobolds get no respect!

Ah, one of the few things I truly enjoyed in NWN1. Surprising, as my inability to pass the Nashkel mines as a kid instilled in me an everlasting hatred of kobolds.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    New storyline for Throne of Bhaal.

Remove Mellissan, change final enemy to the avatar of Bhaal, bla bla, read other thread.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    I'm such a hopeless sap :C
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Large scale battles in ToB.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Jalily said:

How do you know this won't happen? :)

This. This so much!

• OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Class Kits that require a Race and or Gender
    EX: Fighter Class Truesword kit for Halflings