Skip to content

Saved games always have the same date (day 147 hour 28) and always start in the same place.

WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
Hello all!

I am having a strange problem recently, and I don't know why or how to fix it. I was doing the lighthouse area after doing much of Baldur's Gate (the city) and after changing out Imoen for Safana, I chose to save my game. No problems here, right?

Well, a few days later, I loaded up my save, and it started me in the same place, but with Imoen in my party!! O_o (curse Imoen, she will not leave!). That was odd, I thought. So I loaded up a Quicksave from around the same time - and lo and behold, I start in the same place as the other save, and again with Imoen!

Starting to get wierded out, I played from there (did the Korah Idol thing) and then saved that - and it showed with the same save date as my other save (day 147 hour 28) and I was back in the same area as the other save, without the Idol, etc!

I found out that no matter what I do, it is like Groundhog Day - every save I try (old ones, new ones, etc) always puts me back to day 147 hour 28 in the same place!

So my game is really bugged at the moment - I cannot progress forward (for no progress can be saved) and I cannot go "back" as all the other saves seem to be bugged as well.

I tried to restart my PC, restart BG:EE, but no change.

Any ideas?

I looked through the known problems, but this behavior does not seem to be described.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Did you ever try saving the game in a new slot instead of overwriting? Did you ever mess with the save folder or move it from the default path or anything like that? Maybe you can try to repair the install from the launcher screen. If all else fails you may want to try grabbing your important save files and uninstalling and then reinstalling the whole game (I can only imagine that would fix it). This seems to me more like a problem with the game itself rather than the save files.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Yes, I did try saving the game in a new slot (as it is saved, it shows the new date and time) but when one tries to load it, it loads up as before i.e. day 147 28 hours in the same spot again.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Have you tried saving in a new slot and then deleting the old save?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Well, I have multiple BG:EE's running on different PCs. I guess I will have to try to import and load up a save from my other PC.

Hmmm...deleting all the old saves is not a bad idea! I will try that.