Skip to content

Increase line of sight for all characters/units

ccout033ccout033 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2013 in Feature Requests
With the new increase in resolution, all the characters appear short sighted. It would be nice if they could see a little farther; it would look more appropriate when zoomed out. Keep in mind that the current line of sight was meant to be played on resolutions of 640x480 and 800x600.
Post edited by ccout033 on

Comments

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    This might make dungeons harder, though, if critters could see you from farther away.

I wouldn't mind that -- the big group fights in IWD2 were better tactical challenges than the stuff in BG1 -- but it's something to consider.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    That's very true, when I was playing (currently waiting for DLC) I was trying to work out line of sight, the distance a character can see and the range of weapons.

It started to get interesting when I rounded up a characters diameter to 3' (although average shoulder width is about 2') and then walked them in front of each other to the distance line of sight is currently set to - I marked it using a tree. I don't think it worked out to scale.

I'm sure this sort of thing is taken into account by the rules though, so shouldn't be too overpowered - even with the range of heavy crossbows being ... ? pretty far?.
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    Well I know expanding vision will make those damn elite hobgoblins and their poison arrows even more of an annoyance for our poor melee fighters.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    This is quite a decent idea actually, but as mentioned, could be a little difficult to implement without messing with AI