Skip to content

Mur'Neth

EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
Greetings Modding Forum,

I know the Mur'Neth mod was created by @Andyr, but apparently he hasn't been active here since October, and I'm not sure how to get ahold of him. If he is about, his input would be appreciated.

Anyway, long-story short, after being inspired by an awesome picture of a Ghaunadan (http://www.lomion.de/cmm/oosljegh.php) I wanted to try the Mur'Neth NPC mod. But it doesn't work with BGEE. Not one to be deterred but having basically zero IE modding knowledge, I used the default Mac text editor and pottered around in the .tp2 and the .dlg files and changing all the Tutu installation file references to BGEE ones (largely consisting of removing underscores and changing FWs to ARs in Area Codes). Anyway, after some jury-rigging and lot of failed installations (I basically went back every time there was an error and edited the files), I got it to successfully install. He is sitting in the Nashkel mine and I can get him on my team, his dialogue seems to work (though I can't say for his conversations with the NPCs), his abilities are there and function. His portrait didn't work, so I gave him a custom one for convenience, but you could presumably resize his old one.

However, his voice doesn't play. The files didn't copy during installation due to apparently not having the correct permissions. I tried copying them manually into the Override folder, but that doesn't seem to have had any effect. I noticed they are all .ogg files, and wondered if maybe they were coded in a way that meant they couldn't be played by EE.

Anyway, can anyone offer some wisdom on why the voice files didn't work, and possible advice for fixing the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Eudaemonium
KamigoroshiIecerintlunarArchaic

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Okay, I got the sound working by renaming them all into .wav files and just manually moving them into the override folder. Strange gargling for everybody!
    Iecerint
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Cool! I always liked MurNeth. :)
    EudaemoniumDazzuHaHaCharade
    Well, you will be pleased to know that with some screwing about with files you can get him working (maybe, I haven't tried out any of his conversations with NPCs, for example, but he can at least join your team, has all his abilities, and now has a voice).

I just wish I could make it so it showed 'Slime' as his race on the records page. I think it kinda sucks that only ones that actually display are the default charname races + Tiefling.
    edited May 2013
    His race shouldn't display as Slime; it says like FLEIWRAHG'REAT or something IIRC. Starts with a G.

EDIT: "He is a Ghaunadan, a member of the race of ooze - like shapechangers who venerate Ghaunadaur, the evil deity of oozes, moulds and the like."

So that's a remaining glitch. D:
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, but Ghaunadan isn't coded as a race in BG, whereas 'Slime' is.

EDIT: Also, it isn't really a glitch. Mur'Neth is coded to be a human male with the special thief kit 'Ghaunadan'. His race has always said 'human' to my knowledge (I never actually used him in the original BG).
    Post edited by Eudaemonium on
    [Deleted User]
    Oh, maybe I just misremembered that his race was listed accurately. I probably confused it with the kit.