Skip to content

Override Directory Locations

Jazzyboy1Jazzyboy1 Member Posts: 6
edited May 2013 in General Modding
For those who aren't quite sure where their override folders should be, here's a nice nifty collection of all of the default locations for various devices. [Please note that many of these have merely been checked with Google and may be inaccurate]

Please note that you may have to substitute drive letters with your own.

The most likely locations are shown first.

Windows x64(64-bit) Steam: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\override"
Possible Alternative: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\override"

Windows x86(32-bit) Steam "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\override"
Possible Alternative: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\override"

Windows x64(64-bit) Non-Steam "C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\00766\override"
Possible Alternative 1: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\override"
Possible Alternative 2: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\override"
Possible Alternative 3: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\override"

Windows x86(32-bit) Non-Steam "C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\00766\override"
Possible Alternative 1: "C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\override"
Possible Alternative 2: "C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\override"
Possible Alternative 3: "C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\override"

Mac OS X appears to require additional work and isn't a simple matter of dropping mods in so I'll provide a link to what seems to be a great guide. It includes folder locations.
"http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16334/installing-mods-in-osx-a-quick-tutorial"

I'm unsure of how iPad modding works so if somebody could provide either folder locations or a link to another guide, I would appreciate it.

Also, more folder locations will be added as platform support is introduced.

Comments

• Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    i think i read somewhere people got some simple mods to work by dropping them into the portraits folder as far as ipads went... maybe it was android pads i dunno just a heads up anyway could have been a joke but it is what i heard.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited November 2013
    Edit: Nevermind
  • FingolfinFingolfin Member Posts: 7
    How come I don't have an override folder? I've got the steam version and I have the following folders in the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder:

- _CommonRedist
    - data (I've checked this one. No override folder. Only lots of .bif files. And yes, I've checked the hidden folders box)
    - lang
    - Manuals
    - movies
    - music
    - scripts

???
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Fingolfin said:

How come I don't have an override folder?

The override folder doesn't exist by default. Mods usually create that folder automatically if it doesn't yet exist.
  • XuixienXuixien Member Posts: 3
    None of these locations worked for BG2:EE.
  • StevevdlStevevdl Member Posts: 73
    In windows look for chitin.key and the override directory hangs off that location. If not there you will have to add it.
  • ActusReus88ActusReus88 Member Posts: 2
    What do you mean it "hangs off that location" I found chitin.key... do I open it or make the override folder there?
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    Yes, override folder goes in the same directory as the chitin.key.
  • CodeKillerCodeKiller Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2016
    To be deleted (problem solved, override folder now loaded correctly... did not understand...)
    Post edited by CodeKiller on
  • Drago_DarkstormDrago_Darkstorm Member Posts: 18
    I'm playing BGII EE (Beamdog Version) using Windows 10 on a 64 bit PC and I found the chitin.key file in the following directory:

C:\Users\(Your User Library Name)\Beamdog Library\00766

There was not an Override folder there yet; I had to create one in the 00766 folder. Hopefully this will help others who have this question :)