Skip to content

noob question about mods.

draukadrauka Member Posts: 4
I have a number of the mods downloaded from this site and WeiDU. I don't know what to do from here to get them working. Any help would be appreciated. I have done some searches on google to try to find out but am still confused.

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Did you read the readme files included? :)
  • draukadrauka Member Posts: 4
    Do you mean the readmes that came with weidu? I read them but I'm still pretty confused about most of it.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    The readmes that came with the mods you downloaded. :)
    *face palm* thanks that helped a lot. But it did leave me with another question. Most of the mods I want to work with have readmes and setup files but the portrait pack doesn't. Should I just extract them into the BGee directory?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @drauka: Put the portraits in the portraits folder or the override folder and they will automatically work :)
    ok so I have extracted the files into the directory I created in Baldur's Gate EE called override. I'm still not having any luck getting the portraits to use at character creation.
  • SkiaSkia Member Posts: 25
    I'm not sure. I have been using the super ultimate portraits and I just double checked to make sure that I had done nothing excepts put the portraits in the override folder. It worked fine for me.
  • BagorBagor Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    You must go to C:\Users\username\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\ and create folder named Portraits , into this folder you extract your desired portraits ;)
    btw. you will need 3 sizes:
    210x330 nameL.bmp
    169x266 nameM.bmp
    54x85 nameS.bmp
    *size in pixels
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    one thing i never understood though.... where does the game use the L sized portrait

the small one is for the party pic on the sidebar while playing and the medium one is used in the Record screen but where does the L one get used??

back on topic....

just make sure your portraits folder in the directory that Bagor Stated starts with a capital P once you've done that...

when selecting a portrait there will be a button called "Custom" click that to see the custom portraits.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Drow_Arrow AFAIK the L sized image is only used in BG2 epilogue when the game is telling you what happenned to the NPCs who were in your party.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited May 2013
    @Drow_Arrow @mlnevese - The L sized image is also used in on the Record Screen > Customize Button > Appearance Screen.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Archaic I had completely forgotten about that :)
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    @Archaic well that solved that little mystery.. thanks Archaic..

@mlnevese thanks for the input.