Skip to content

Silent Let's play BG2 (insane+tactics/scsii mods) [Complete]

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    maybe i should just cut anything that isn't fighting?

Druid Grove without faldorn because yeah i don't have things to kill her : D
    Dexterelminster
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Yes! I love silent playthroughs. Subbed :)
    rdarken said:

Yes! I love silent playthroughs. Subbed :)

at least 1 fan!
    [Deleted User]

planar prison boss was kind of (he can summon dark planetar)

meh when done right
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    Inquisitor is not that effective with SCS. Mages will protect themselves against dispel magic with SI:A or spell shield and the like. I think a sorcerer would be more useful, he would cast secret word (all day long), then your K/M can breach and the mage is dead in a round.
    I remember a fight in ust'natha, the one where the fish thing sends you to a priestess house to kill her. Inside the house you take on the priestess (pitiful) AND 5 or 6 level 17 drow mages, all with their sequencers, contingencies, MR... That was one of the hardest fights I can remember
    SCS also make a great job on yuanti-mages. Before they just cast chaos followed by true sight. Now... well now I hate them
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited May 2013
    Tbh I mainly use Inquisitors not to dispel enemies, but to dispel my own party, particularly in the early game. Too often I end up in a city ambush (maximum settings on ambushes, of course) and there's two mages firing off Hold Person pretty much right off the bat. If I miss a save, I am DEAD - the accompanying melees (thieves in particular, with their backstabs) just slaughter everyone, helpless as they are. Having an Inquisitor there to drop a quick dispel is a life-saver!

Of course that dispel remains a useful thing to have against enemies, too, despite the ubiquitous SI:A. Luckily you can load up on Secret Word easily, as that spell level is not loaded with too many other spells you'd want (basically just one). Just use that for the SI:A mages, and the Inquisitor either afterwards, or for dispels when SI:A is not a factor - against clerics/druids for example.

Plus, don't forget True Sight - in the mid to late game, I found myself casting that spell a fair amount. TS actually takes up a VERY valuable spell level (6) so having it at practically no cost is quite good!

I don't like Sorcerers for powergaming; while they are certainly powerful casters and great fun to play, they simply lack the quick, raw power of melee characters. Spells just don't do enough damage, except when you blanket an area with many foes. Against bosses in particular, I find offensive spells quite weak, compared to the slaughterfest of a 10 APR fighter-dual.
    Dexter

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane 013 Watcher's Keep level one

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane 014 Watcher's Keep level one statues

i find inuisitor very usefull because his dispell is way more powerfull than any other and there are many casters with spell immunity vs true sight so at least i can dispell

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane 015 obtaining celestial fury

i am disappointed
    was hoping for epic battle with sion but...

what he did was really lame
    [Deleted User]
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane 016 Improved Torgal De'Arnise Keep not really hardcore fights
    [Deleted User]
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane 017 Kurosaian Bohdis quests Aran Linvail

that was... really easy Oo
    [Deleted User]
    edited May 2013
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane 018 Mae'Var Unseeing eye Lich

another easy
    how impossible are improved fire giants aka impossible fire giants? pretty impossible

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 tactics scsii insane bonus fire giants
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I think it may be a good idea to either to make shorter segments (~5-10 min per video) or write a timerange where special events occur. It's difficult to find things in an hour video.
    bbear said:

I think it may be a good idea to either to make shorter segments (~5-10 min per video) or write a timerange where special events occur. It's difficult to find things in an hour video.

is this about every video or fire giants?

i'm trying to cut parts with shopping spell selection etc. and leave only fighting but cutting to smaller pieces could be a good idea
    edited May 2013
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 020 tactics scsii insane Watchers Keep level two with Chromatic Demon chromatic demon at 11:48
    Post edited by zur312 on
    edited May 2013
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 021 tactics scsii insane Bonus Raw Lich in the Gate
    before i knew "how to Lich in SCSII"

Post edited by zur312 on
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 022 tactics scsii insane Bonus Raw Lich in Temple Ruins
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 023 tactics scsii insane Thaxll'ssillyia the Shadow Dragon
    everything went better than expected
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 024 tactics scsii insane Shade Lord in Temple Ruins

too easy
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 025 tactics scsii insane Planar Sphere Lavok
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 026 tactics scsii insane Planar Sphere part II Lea'liyl Tanar'ri
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 027 tactics scsii insane Windspear Hills
    edited June 2013
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 028 tactics scsii insane Windspear Hills Firkraag bug? i probably killed hm with that harm so is not good

Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 028 tactics scsii insane Firkraag raw bonus Windspear Hills
    kill in 1:34:13 pretty good for my tests
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 029 tactics scsii insane THE TWISTED RUNE raw bonus
    kill at 01:08:57
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 030 tactics scsii insane Lich in the docks
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 031 tactics scsii insane Ilusionist in the docks
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 032 tactics scsii Shade Lich in temple district
    Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2 033 tactics scsii insane Elemental Lich at the bridge