Skip to content

Stealing Seems Impossible

failedlegendfailedlegend Member Posts: 9
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
So I was trying to steal a composite bow from the first shop in nashkel (made a beeline there to get Minsc) and with my skills I couldn't do it so I popped a master thievery pot relaoded 20ish times still no dice so I used BEEKeeper to crank my thievery to 255 and my suspicions were confirmed no matter how many times I tried to steal some even just a club or some arrows the lightest, cheapest stuff I instantly get caught even if I'm invisible and/or stealthed...anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    My bard is successful almost every time he tries stealing from shops. You are probably experiencing a bug. Maybe a conflict with one of your mods?
  • failedlegendfailedlegend Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    I'm using Vanilla BGEE the only "mod" I'm using is BEEKeeper and thats just to mess with NPC classes to change the game up a bit

Oh and My thief is an unmodified PC (gnome illusionist/theif) until the attempt at 255 pickpocketing and it wasn't working before that either
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Stores usually apply a sizable penalty to your pick pockets %. If you had like 50% after drinking the potion you probably have a 15% or so chance of success.

I don't have this problem so it may be a mod issue as previously stated.
  • failedlegendfailedlegend Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    oops double post
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hmmm. Try uploading your save game and I'll take a look at it.