Skip to content

Baldur's Gate in Minecraft

SteamerSteamer Member Posts: 25
Here is my work in progress in trying to recreate the city of Baldur's Gate as seen in the game. Iv tried to maintain the scale of the building as if you where able to walk in the city in a frist person view.
The goal is to recreate the whole city and eventualy the whole Sword Coast (if it EVER gets done ^^ as Im building all by myself)
If you have opinions/thoughts or want to help to build you can post or just pm me :)

Heres a link to a few images of my work:

http://baldursgateinminecraft.imgur.com/all/

Enjoy! ^^
SylphKilivitzZanianCorianderWigglesGodKaiserHellStarlilyNecdilzorMagnus_GrelichZzidolfas86NeonfiskQuartzItomonButtercheese[Deleted User]SarvterzaerianStarflower2525ShapiroKeatsDarkMageFredjoGemHoundCrevsDaakMoomintrollJuliusBorisovjackjacksemiticgoddess

Comments

• ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Freakin' brilliant. Funny thing is, I did the Friendly Arms inn in Minecraft not 3 days ago. What are the odds.
  • SteamerSteamer Member Posts: 25
    Thank you ^^ Yea its alot of work, have been building for a couple of months, I was retarded in the beggning thinking I would build everything in survival mode... I stopped that after I built Iron Throne ~~

Zania: Would be cool if u could post a pic or something :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    I wouldn't mind helping. I work 3-11pm Central Time in the U.S. If our times work accordingly then give me a heads up.
  • StarlilyStarlily Member Posts: 97
    Zanian said:

Freakin' brilliant. Funny thing is, I did the Friendly Arms inn in Minecraft not 3 days ago. What are the odds.

Any possiblity of seeing a picture or two? I ask because someone on another forum was curious. They loved the link I made to Steamer's pics. (Basilisk Games forum) There are a number of Minecraft players there, and they've played Baldur's Gate too. :)
    Steamer
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Ha! With the new horses in the next update, we'll finally have our BGII horses. Mojang will do what Black Isle could not!
    SteamerMoomintrolljackjack
    Starlily said:

Zanian said:

Any possiblity of seeing a picture or two? I ask because someone on another forum was curious. They loved the link I made to Steamer's pics. (Basilisk Games forum) There are a number of Minecraft players there, and they've played Baldur's Gate too. :)
    Thanks for spreading my work :)

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    "I am foolio Displacius, destroyer of the Seven Suns! RRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!!"
    SteamerCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • Zzidolfas86Zzidolfas86 Member Posts: 77
    Nice work :)
    Steamer
    very nice :)
    Zanian said:

@Steamer @Starlily
    Sorry, didn't see your replies (and the forum didn't notify me either). I'm not entirely done yet. I've only done the keep itself, and I'm still missing the interior of the 2nd and 3rd floor. I'm planning on doing the whole zone of course.

I'm using SPhax PureBDcraft for the textures. 'Bit too cartooney for BG I know, but it's my default texture pack.

Thanks, if you don't mind I'm going to shrink them a bit and pop them onto my other forum..maybe just the sentence with what your using for textures. Looks good. :)
    Thanks, I've practically finished the zone now though. Only need to do a few buildings in the courtyard, along with some interiors and small details here and there. Maybe the surrounding nature as well. 'Will probably do it all some time tomorrow.

Fun fact: I've used more than 30000 blocks of cobblestone for all the walls. :P
    StarlilyJuliusBorisovjackjack
    thats realy awsome!
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
    Zanian said:

There we go. Done and done. What to do next....

You can come join me on my server :)

Total Wow! Very good!
    @Steamer Yeah maybe. :) What's the address?
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Any chance of an MCEdit file for this beauty? I'd love to take a look around. Truly awe inspiring work.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    WOW, very impressive work from both of you!
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    AMAZING!
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    So I was planning to attempt a project of this sort on my own, and while creating the world, I whimsically put "Baldurs Gate into the seed slot. This is what I foundimageimage
    Not the most epic world, I know, but by far the best seed I have come across on my own, and an interesting coincidence. I thought it was worth a mention.
    JuliusBorisov
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Now you're gonna have to build yourself a Candlekeep... Don't forget plenty of bookcases!
    jackjack
  • BadmassBadmass Member Posts: 36
    Amazing work guys! I feel inspired! I just need to figure out what to create...
    Fredjojackjack
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    edited September 2013
    I made a huge effort towards doing something like this about a year ago - I recreated every building from the city of Baldur's Gate in Minecraft, and came close to building the actual city, but I eventually lost steam on the project. If anyone is ever interested in doing this and would like to use the resources I made, you can find them all here:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/terzaerian/

You can also find the BG-themed Texture Pack and skins I made. :)
    Zanianjackjack
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @Steamer I just found this thread. Your minecraft world is friggin awesome.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
    elminster said:

@Steamer I just found this thread. Your minecraft world is friggin awesome.

Thank you Elminister :) Sorry that I havent been very active with it recently but school has taken its toll :/ Ill try to finish it in duetime however then Ill make the worldfile available for anyone who might want it :)

/cheers
    elminsterJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Quartz said:

Man I wish you'd do more of the Baldur's Gate! So freaking epic and crazy accurate. I'd sure love an update.

Or a multiplayer server:P
    With fantasy skin requirement.
    jackjack