Skip to content

What's the easiest and hardest class/classes to solo the game?

2»

Comments

• Tie_FighterTie_Fighter Member Posts: 41
    In BG1, I believe the single most important point is if your character can use wands. For that reason I think Fighter/mage is the easiest choice in the original game one, or maybe Fighter/mage/thief even. With the updated game, Berserker seems very strong too.

In Bg2, not sure which is actuall the easiest one...but it is very easy with Sorcerer. Again, Wands are great in the early part of the game, and then later on you can throw them away and crush everyone with your spells. I don't consider Kensai/mage that easy, Imo you just walk around being underpowerd for most of game 2, and then it isn't that big of a difference between a maxed out Kensai/mage and some of the
    other powerful kits, even if it might be slightly more powerful.

Over all, for soloing the entire Saga...Berserker is probably the easiest.

As for the hardest, maybe some kind of useless bard kit? :)
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Wizard Slayer while having terrible restrictions is similar to the kensai only actually being able to wear armor as a solo class and getting ranged weaponry. It is not recommended as a solo class solely due to the inability to drink potions. It's not an impossible solo by any means, but using nothing but ranged weaponry and avoiding most encounters will hinder you greatly. If you are able to reach SoA you can dual to a thief and eventually get UAI where all your negatives disappear.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556

Wizard Slayer while having terrible restrictions is similar to the kensai only actually being able to wear armor as a solo class and getting ranged weaponry. It is not recommended as a solo class solely due to the inability to drink potions. It's not an impossible solo by any means, but using nothing but ranged weaponry and avoiding most encounters will hinder you greatly. If you are able to reach SoA you can dual to a thief and eventually get UAI where all your negatives disappear.

Well, that would be cheating ;)
    I meant Wizard Slayer with no dual.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    ''Only time I ever tried to solo, I got bored around chapter 4. I never really understood why you would want to leave out the NPCs since for me, it kills the atmosphere.''

Exactly, that why I prefer to play with at least one other follower, so my solo games are in fact Duo games. I usualy take Viconia with me.
  • oldsch00loldsch00l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 192
    That could be a nice concept, especially if the other part of the duo is romanced.
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    Evil Fighter/Cleric..wander around with legions of undead minions surrounding you. Maybe not the easiest but ability to cure self early then put up mobs of summons makes later battles easier.
    edited August 2012
    Communard said:

Well, that would be cheating ;)
    I meant Wizard Slayer with no dual.

Well same thing you would do in BG1 ranged weapons and kiting as long as possible and then when you get fighter HLA use whirlwind, critical strikes, and hardiness as much as possible. Once you get to the various TOB bosses though it will be mostly luck on whether or not you survive due to not having the magical equipment, potions, or scrolls most other classes can make use of.

Also a lot of fights you will want to avoid otherwise you will die or get instant game over.

• KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Mage/thief is really powerful, and a lot of fun to play. I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't soloed the game before.

For most difficult I'd imagine wizard slayer is up there, or a vanilla bard for BG1 levels.
  • wariisopwariisop Member Posts: 163
    This is definitely the difference between BG and IWD, at the hardest lvl's in IWD you can't solo. These games should make better AI strategies so that soloing would be a unprecedented achievement.
  • xlerxler Member Posts: 2
    for easiest/best options to solo...

BG1 the best solo is without question an archer. arrows or dispelling/detonation, stealth, always always at a safe distance. no one can touch an archer. the only hard part is dealing with traps. but as a solo you should eventually get enough HP/potions to deal with it.

BG2, I'd say a mage/thief. traps/stealth/backstab/uai are nice for solo. thieves rule solo in bg2 for sure. throw in some mage and you got an amazing number of strategies you can utilize.

Hardest,

For both games I will say Kensai. No missile weapons, no armor, no stealth. all the focus is on you. how in gods name can you make it through the game? i mean, im sure its possible to win but definitely the most grueling solo you can come up with.
    @xler kensai can use throwing axes.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    Fighter/mage/thief would be the easiest.

Without an XP cap it's too easy. With one, it's a challenge, but doable.
  • AsmodiasAsmodias Member Posts: 22
    I solo'd a Fighter with relative ease. I mean, with 19 constitution and 18/00 strength doubled up with boots of speed you're near unstoppable.