Skip to content

Is the Mac version stable yet (with SCS for a no-reload run)? MacStore, Steam, or BeamDog?

YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
I am currently running BGTutu on MacOS/Wine but would love to purchase BGEE to support the project.

Is it rock-solid stable yet? (I also need SCS to be working with it -- only way I play.) Or should I wait another month or two?

Also, where should I get the Mac version from (for most stability for mods)? Is there any hope of Steam carrying a dual license (Mac/PC) for BGEE eventually?

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    We've gotten good feedback on the stability of the Mac build, and performance is very good even on older hardware. If you are running Lion or Mountain Lion, you shouldn't have any problems.

You can find out about how SCS is working here.

If your intent is to support development of the EE games, purchasing from Beamdog is going to do the most to support the company doing the work. There's also a bit faster turn-around on updates directly from Beamdog, while the App Store and Steam can take a couple weeks to roll them out.

As for the Mac version on Steam - that is entirely up to Atari, and is out of the hands of Beamdog / Overhaul Games. So we know as much as you do.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Awesome, thanks.

I'll check the SCS status and switch over soon.

Meanwhile, I hope you will consider including at least the AI improvements from SCS into BG2EE directly.

Looking forward to both games.