Skip to content

Thieves' Hood (Cespenar recipe) requires item which does not appear in BG2/TOB

PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
edited May 2013 in Not An Issue
It requires a Ring of Invisibility, which is neither dropped nor sold in BG2/TOB and exists only in BG1. It isn't even one of the items that can be carried over from BG1.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    You could always try the Lich here: http://www.agarwaen.com/SoA/crooked crane.htm
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I had several of those rings by the end of SoA. I don't know what you are talking about.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Perhaps the rings just went invisible?
    That's why you should always have a diviner, and not a a grumy conjurer, in your party.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    In that case, we have yet to identify such a ring in TOB. Can you even return to the SOA areas after starting the expansion?

If it's technically possible to craft, I'd still call it bad design, if not a bug.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    edited May 2013
    Location for Ring of Invisibility in SoA:

Waukeen's Promenade, Seven Vales, upstair, the thief is holding it. Be careful about killing him, since he WILL run away at low health.

I remember having 2 of those rings at one game, but I forgot the other location.

Edit: Right. hook71 mentioned it in the above post. The other ring is at:

City Gates, Crooked Cane, battle with the Lich.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    AFAIK,
    Ring of Invisibility (ToB expansion) is available in Bag of Holding at the very beginning.
    Once you begin a new game (ToB), you will obtain the bag into your inventory (and the ring inside it).
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I just found this on my last playthrough. The dragon guarding Abagizal's dungeon (not Draconis) is holding the ring of invisibility. You can pry it from its dead cold fangs.