Skip to content

BIG THREAD short reviews of mods

zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
edited June 2013 in General Modding
I myself played few mods even tried BWP and really enjoyed it but there are some mods that i probably didn't try because there is so much mods for Baldur's Gate that it is really hard to know each mod. That is the main reason for this thread.

we can divers in 2 ways
BG:EE mods and old BG1/2/tutu/BGT mods

for example

old BG1/2/tutu/BGT mods
SCSII:
great mod for improving AI and other aspects of tactical combat with enemies in baldur's gate especially mages

old BG1/2/tutu/BGT mods
TACTICS:
many great TACTICAL improved encounters/enemies in BG2 with really hard combat (at least for new players) but sometimes can be a little cheesy ;)
Post edited by zur312 on

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    no moding players here?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You may have better luck in the Modding forum: http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/modding
    i got 0 responses from them and 1 response from general so i quess it is hard to decide ;)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    To the best of my knowledge, the mods I use haven't been adapted to the EE so I can't speak to that. For BG/BG2:

* "Unfinished Business" does a great job wrapping up loose ends like Shar-Teel's confrontation with Angelo, Kagain's quest, Kalah, Bodhi attacking you in Spellhold, etc.

* "BG1NPC" gives the BG1 crew some banters and sidequests, making them feel a bit more like the standard we're used to in BG2.

* "Ascension" is absolutely mandatory for anyone playing through ToB. The changes to the Balthazar/Throne sequences bring the saga's final act to a much more thematically appropriate conclusion.

* "Turnabout" is just cute fanservice: it allows you to use the demon pools in the Throne area to summon up to three fallen friends to the final battle, including Dynaheir, Tiax, Khalid and even Gorion.

* "BGT" is an interesting experience in that it seamlessly integrates both games into a cohesive whole - in practical terms, this means if you use a tome on Edwin in BG1, he'll still have that boost in BG2. Also notable as being the only non-SK way of maintaining Imoen as a pure thief.

* "Homeward Bound" is a minor tweak, but a useful one: it allows you to send ToB NPCs home through the Spirit of Fate (so presumably they're not trapped in the Pocket Plane when you destroy it).
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    SCS has been converted to BGEE, and is fully playable despite its beta tag.
    For BG 2, i think using older version of SCSII is better at the moment though.

IMHO, it's the best AI / Tactical mod BG ever had. But the game becomes a lot harder so be prepared.
    Dexter
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Scs is a must to have for me, regular game ai is too simple.

This is the newest mod I am loving. It simply adds much to the game.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18421/bgee-mod-weidu-soon-faces-by-irbis-jalily/p1

Both of these mods work well on an unjailbroken Ipad as well, makes me happy. ^_^
    Dexter
    any new ideas?