Skip to content

Whats your favorite BG equipment?

Comments

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I always felt something special when equipping the Red Dragon Scale plate, so i guess i'd have to go with that.

The whole battle with Firkraag and then going to cromwell, waiting for the smithing, GET ON WITH IT cromwell damnit lol!

I'm an armor whore anyway :]
  • luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
    Both games boots of speed.

So happy when i found them though quite frustrating if your with a party. "You must gath..."

How it haunts me
  • RushAndAPushRushAndAPush Member Posts: 25
    BLACKRAZOR

All that needs to be said.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    BG1: My Nymph cloak... made by the hair I got for saving that Nymph in Baldur's Gate. There's nothing more I love than being the first to own a powerful magical item
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    Robe of Vecna, Amulet of Power, the Ring of Gaxx and the Staff of Magi = Demigod
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Flametongue and Xan's sword.
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    Probably killed more bad guys with a composite long bow than any other weapon.

BG2 I loved how the wand of wonder kept you on your toes. And if I remember right Aerie always ended up with the Crom Faeyr.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    Carsomyr and Ravager are my favorite weapons. I also love the cloak of Reflection.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The glasses of identification. They're a great utility/quality of life item that doesn't unbalance the game. Also - gauntlets of dexterity. They always get used by someone!
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Gauntlets of dexterity... I would always give myself low dexterity on character creation because I'm like "Well.... there's those gloves.... so i'll reallocate these points to something more useful...
  • taikobotaikobo Member Posts: 7
    BG 1: The ring of "someone" you get in candlekeep, because I was so scared to put it the first time and the Butter Knife of Balduran : wonderfully useless, I love that.
    BG 2: Wand of Wonder. I was ready to be an entropist before it was in the games! (and good memories: The first time I killed Gaxx, the wand petrified it and I finished it with the ring of the Ram.)
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    +1 to Blave for mentioning Boo.

in BG1 my favorites were the Sword of Greywolf (Longsword +2 with cold damage) and the Warhammer +2 from the evil cleric who's crazy surrounded by skellies. I love playing a knightly (re: cavalier) paladin and these both fit. Although the longsword fit my rangers too which helped.

in BG2 it was lirlacor which was a sword custom built for minsc (i'm certain of it) and also the Carsomyr simply because I'm a pally at heart and love holy blades. Also I must give a nod to Daystar and the Purifier.

Also for the record my very first run through BG2 was an elven stalker so um..........any magical katana that didn't make me a fallen ranger was my friend =)
  • killykilly Member Posts: 18
    Bg 1 Spider's bane
    Bg 2 Celestial fury
    Zafiro said:

Now you see me, now you don't!

I never found this cloak before. How did you get it?

killy said:

Bg 1 Spider's bane
    Bg 2 Celestial fury

Minsc loved Spider's Bane a wee bit too much me thinks. =) I'd web the area (or just send him in buffed up solo against spiders) while I sat back and watched the berserker berserk :)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Gauntlets of Dexterity, Red Dragon Scale and sword with the freeze attribute.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Spider's Bane, in BG1. It gives one of the fighters (either Ajantis, or Coran, or my PC fighter/mage) the chance to wade into pack of enemies I webbed and hack away, or to be used as an un-held-able wall against waves of ghasts in Durlag's Tower or beneath Candlekeep (though Coran proved to be too frail for that ghast-stopping role, when he was my 2H-sword wielder).
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Syntia13 said:

Oh, and the items that are actually usefull in game... Ankheg armor. One of the best armors in game, and so light! Not to mention, the first few times I played, I didn't know about the freebee in the fields, so I had to go ankheg hunting, then dole out the cash, then wait ten days... resisting the urge to pester the smith everyday... ah, getting it was all the sweeter for all the effort required! :)

It's one of the reasons I like the Hard Times mod: no free awesome armour, you have to work for it and the satisfaction when you're finally powerful enough to take on ankhegs and the sweet feeling when it's finally ready after a tenday!

• KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    With no doubt, for me its Carsomyr - The Holy Avenger. The power boost a paladin get with that sword in his hand is almost scary :)
  • BadmassBadmass Member Posts: 36
    Arrows of Detonation! EXPLOSIONS FOR ALL! Also the Ring of Energy from the Red Wizards of Thay in combination with Boots of Speed. Running in circles never felt so good.
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Arrows of detonation. The BG equivalent of firing off a rocket propelled grenade.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    Poison dagger that you buy in beregost

In baldurs gate 2 the silver sowrd you have to build I cant remember its name and the creatures after you when you had the parts but I gave it minsc it had percentage chance of instant death, the funny thing was he always managed to kill really powerful things unexpectadley in the first hit and used to make me laugh.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I like equipping my bad guys in my mods with those arrows.
    Badmass said:

Arrows of Detonation! EXPLOSIONS FOR ALL! Also the Ring of Energy from the Red Wizards of Thay in combination with Boots of Speed. Running in circles never felt so good.

• MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    I'd like to note I'm sorry for putting this thread in the wrong section of the forum originally, and I'm psyched so many people have actually responded to it ^_^ You know... with all the evil equipments people have mentioned, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the cloak made from Nymphs skin in hell. I mean, that's probably about as evil as the human flesh armor, or Blackrazor... or... I don't really know since I don't play evil characters :| I've played BG2 like... 39 times, and I STILL have never sided with Bohdi against the shadow thieves because she just seems too evil to me.

As for other favorite items of mine... I hope they fix up certain aspects of specific weapons that always bothered me. For instance, with the super hammer... Crom Faeyr I think? I wonder if they'll ever fix it so it actually slays Ettins like it says it does. I swear there are only like... 3 ettins in all of BG2, the one in the Sahuagin city, and the two in the Umar Hills if you're a paladin. AND IT DIDN'T WORK ON ANY OF THEM! D:< For some reason that hammer always seemed a little buggy to me, even though it's so cool, and I almost always forge it for the 25 strength making it a great offhand weapon. >_> Like it only killed like 50% of trolls for me, and doesn't slay the big golems like Iron or Adamantium. And with the sheer amount of equipment you have to sacrifice to make it, it totally should. Ogre Gauntlets and a Frost Giant Girdle? Ouch.
  • kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    edited August 2012

I'd like to note I'm sorry for putting this thread in the wrong section of the forum originally, and I'm psyched so many people have actually responded to it ^_^

No worries. If anyone knows of threads which belong to a different section, just let me know.
  • AlderonAlderon Member Posts: 53
    Composite Longbow. It's got the highest collective kill-count of any weapon in both BG1 and 2 over multiple play-throughs.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    vhailor's helm
    i had so much fun misusing the siriculm spell that it casts
    geez, i can't seem to spell tonight
  • siriuslukesiriusluke Member Posts: 31
    Definitely the Ring of the Ram for me. I sometimes used it to knock out my characters if they got stuck in map due to bugs. I've heard it could work wonders to finish off powerful foes like dragons, haven't tried it though.
  • FavreFavre Member Posts: 33
    Arrows of detonation + Oil of speed = You win
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited August 2012
    Hmm. How about potions of detonation and oil of fiery burning? They're instacast fireballs far all your non-archer characters, and don't need to see an enemy to be fired.

The Chess fight in Durlag's Tower is much easier after 6 simultaneous fireballs go off in front of the king...

Possibly cheesy, undoubtedly effective.