Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 2 enhanced edition release date?

13»

Comments

• SchehezeradeSchehezerade Member Posts: 7
    I'd like to preorder BG2:EE, sometime soon. I certainly don't mind paying now and waiting for it for a few months, like with BG:EE.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    The wait is killing me. I just completed BG:EE this afternoon...
  • CorpusDelictiCorpusDelicti Member Posts: 45
    I think primarily at this point, I'd just like to know what all is going to be included, added, fixed, etc. The release date comes secondary to me.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Another AMAA would be cool if they've got the time
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited May 2013
    Messi said:

The end of 2013 is actually pretty soon, and since it is "definitely" in 2013 that means they can't be aiming for very late 2013 release. So considering there's only 7 months left in this year BG2EE is actually just few months away at the most!

Edit: Makes you wonder even more why are they so "hush, hush" about this, most companies would be trying to market their product very hard that close to release.

I agree... and since, to my knowledge, it's almost useless to announce a game during summer vacation, they'll have to announce BG2EE during the next month in June. If they don't, they'll have to do it in September, only two month before release ! Which is not a good marketing move i think ( but i might be wrong on this).

Also if you follow Twitter you can see all the new content part of BG2EE is done... so they have all is necessary to announce it.

WHY don't they ?? i just can't get it.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    To be clear, Trent said "Major features all there, mostly polished. Still needs some Testing and polishing," not that the "new content was done". :)
    @Kaeloree Well, i thought he talked about the next patch for BGEE when he said that (but maybe i was wrong ?).
    I was talking about BG2EE in this message. On Twitter i saw that Hulick the composer had finished the music, and others (which i don't remember the names) have finished their new content as well (story and new maps).
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Ah, fair enough. :) We are still hard at work.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I'm itching to preorder. :)
    edited June 2013
    Bercon said:

"Yes, #BG2EE will be on PC this year. Should be on iPad, Mac and Android as well" - Trent Oster

Sorry to ask again, but, we'll be in second half of 2013 in three weeks, and there is absolutely NO news about BG2EE.
    With the important delay for the BGEE patch, which means half of Beamdog team is working on it, is there any chance BG2EE wil be out this year as promised ? And if so, why it is not announced, why can't we get some infos related to it, since it "should" be out in a few months ??

Trent himself said you were working on communication, but we're still waiting in the dark...

Also, is it still true BG2EE will be released on every platform ("Should be on iPad, Mac and Android as well") ?
    Does it means there will be a lot of delay again, as for BGEE ? (for memory, BGEE on PC was 4 months late, iPad and Mac version were like 8 months late, and Android BGEE version... is still not there even if it was announced for summer 2012...)
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    BG-EE and BG2-EE use the same engine , therefore when they done all platform launch and multi-play work in BG-EE also mean BG2-EE running well,

But i also can't make sure if they can catch up the schedule , becuase it's very clear developers are quite busy but still can't reach their own target now.
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    Keep up the impaitient requests :) , it wil make your first playthrough the more satisfying.

And remember it will come at some point, it's like waiting for the bus, if you look at the watch every odd second, it will feel like ages.

Instead light a cigarette, watch the babe sitting on the bench waiting, let your thoughts drift, and before you know it the bus is there, with you not knowing where the time went.

• NecroblivionNecroblivion Member Posts: 210
    As much as I want BG2:EE to come out, I really think that BG:EE needs more attention. BG2 always felt much more complete then BG1, mostly on the character development part.. and I would really like to see it on BG1 as well...
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Honestly I'm not overly keen for more character development in BG1:EE unless it is more quests like those from TotSC. I don't think NPC related character development meshed all that way thanks to those contractual agreements, seemed a little imbalanced.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I don't care much if the game will be released this year or in the next (or in 2016 by the way) as long it's good. But another fiasco with the schedule can be pretty negative for Beamdog image on the market.

The first announcement of BG EE release was foreseen to happens in middle of July in 2012, and the game only got his release at the end of November in 2012 (if any date here is wrong, please anyone feel free to correct).
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    kamuizin said:

But another fiasco with the schedule can be pretty negative for Beamdog image on the market.

Excellent point. How would you suggest avoiding that problem?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited June 2013
    kamuizin said:

The first announcement of BG EE release was foreseen to happens in middle of July in 2012, and the game only got his release at the end of November in 2012 (if any date here is wrong, please anyone feel free to correct).

I don't know if anyone ever expected it in July, and if they did it was just a matter of someone assuming that when Overhaul said "summer", they meant "middle of summer". The original release date was Sept. 20 I believe, which is still technically summer. It was then delayed till November.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Quick, slightly off-topic question: will BG2:EE be released on Steam at the same time as on the Beamdog client, or do I need to order from Beamdog to play on day one?
    By not making release promises until 99% certain of a possible launch be reach. But then i'm not involved on the project to say that this didn't happened already, i just quoted an event of the past.

I have no problem in delay the release of a game to have a better game (i was among ppl that defend the postpone of the game to a futher date if that would benefit the project), and BG: EE could use some attention atm, with the strong community of BG, release the pre-order with no promise of launch date and ppl still gonna pre-order, later when youy define the date another wave of pre-order will come anyway.
    edited June 2013
    Cerevant said:

kamuizin said:

But another fiasco with the schedule can be pretty negative for Beamdog image on the market.

Excellent point. How would you suggest avoiding that problem?
    Well, let me be really honest here.

Here in France, Beamdog already has a negative image with the games critics and the global community. Only the BG hardcore fans seem to still have faith.

Others (especially the professionnal critics, see our two major sites : jeuxvideo.com and gamekult.com) already said Beamdog has done nothingin a year, with its working team, than a few fans did (who were not living from this and have another job), and in a better way.

So yes, i'm almost losing my faith here.... Give us something that could mean that, yes, Beamdog is changing. For now, all we can see is the usual : no information, or misinformation (as the films you promised and never fully replaced), and you're still late on your own schedule (without even speaking of Android...)

We have the feeling that your team is always on pressure, always in difficulty, for no understandable reason, and it's not good ...

It really seems like you need some help !

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    i can't agree anymore , beamdog mainly done their efforts,works in multi-platforms launch until now,

It may can let more people reach the nice game , but it doesn't have much meaning for old players

Regarding new contents and better game experiences , i don't feel they do it enough now.

Lots of MODs are quite fun than beamdog's content efforts at this moment ,

Even Six months they are still working in the engine enhanced (mainly for BG2-EE work) , they may spend lots of efforts in code base , but most of gamer can't realize what's different with old version,

I know the loading speed is quite fast now , but it's fifteen years later .. we all think i got better hardware then running fast should be normal and reasonable for it. (Even like this , it still have Intel Chip slow issue,)

If beamdog can't speed up their action , i really dobut how many new contents they can issue after BG2-EE been shipped out ,

I don't know what's their plan for how long time they would like to continue support BG1/2-EE series,

6 months ? 1 years ? base on current development speed , i don't feel we can expect new contents very much ,

Don't forget , there are many new old school type games will come in 2014 , in that time the moderators will move to the new game , and nobody will put whole day and all money in the game...

Or after release the BG2-EE , they make enough money then start Icewind Dale enhanced edition
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Eh, if you worry about critics, you are royally boned. Giving tentative release dates isn't really possible, as mentioned, because people seem to carve them into stone for the developers.

The best advice has been given, run your race, ignore the silliness.

Wht to do different though? Don't give release dates until the project is done.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    DreadKhan said:

Wht to do different though? Don't give release dates until the project is done.

Everyone nowadays seems to be using "When it's done" as a release date.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    They tried setting dates, which has at times backfired. Would people whine that Android isn't available if they hadn't been told it would be?
    Atm i'm not even worried about BG2 EE, i can export my characters from BG EE to old BG2 and that's pretty ok for me, i'm in no hurry to put hands in BG2 EE, not before the work is ok.

My point to criticize in the last days, for example, is the lack of work/proper work/my opinion of proper work in BG EE, not the wait for BG2 EE.
  • FornostFornost Member Posts: 42
    Any word on the new patch and what will it include?