Skip to content

Crash report: Cloakwood Forest (AR1700)

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
edited May 2013 in Not An Issue
I have just experienced two crashes in a row when exploring the Cloakwood area AR1700. Both times, my party was attacked by enemies (baby wyverns and Iron Throne guards) around x:760 y:570, and both times my game crashed when I tried to pause the game by pressing SPACE. The third time around I did not pause and the game didn't crash, so the crash might be triggered by pausing.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Yea area 1700 is also really crash prone for me. I'll just be walking around and even when enemies aren't near me or in range the game will crash. I'd say it crashes every 1 to 1.5 minutes for me in that area specifically (and it is the only area in the game I've had so far act like this).
    Post edited by elminster on
  • SeventhHellSeventhHell Member Posts: 4
    Mine crashed in Cloakwood twice as well. Everytime I tried to cross the bridge. Luckily it wasn't required for main quest.

Mine crashed in Cloakwood twice as well. Everytime I tried to cross the bridge. Luckily it wasn't required for main quest.

Yea bridges sometimes were where I crashed as well, in fact my first crash occured on a bridge.
  • lurimaxlurimax Member Posts: 28
    So it's not just me then. Game runs good everywhere else, then i visit cloakwood. I think it crashed 4 times in the space of an hour there
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    after crossing the bridge the game will crash within a few minutes :( this game is very unstable and full of bugs, sadly dosen't seem finished and properly testet upon release.
  • gokkegokke Member Posts: 46
    ive had the same problem crashing every 1-2 mins is there a way to stop it?? Using Win7 and a 260Gtx card
    saw wrong was in map4 though of cloakwood, seems to be related to moving to fast in upper left corner
    So, Back to real life until a patch comes out with a fix to these problems.Tbh I think I need a break too, get some fresh air.

Until then!
    Yes, correction this was the 4th map aswell for me not 3rd
  • VadrielVadriel Member Posts: 20
    Having the same problem. Seems to happen to me everytime a baby wyvern appears. Sigh.
    lurimax said:

So it's not just me then. Game runs good everywhere else, then i visit cloakwood. I think it crashed 4 times in the space of an hour there

Lucky bugger :p Just to get through area 1700 alone it crashed probably 6 times for me. Maybe more I can't remember.
    yeah baby wyverns might be the case
    There is already a thread on this (area 1700) here.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7981/crash-report-cloakwood-forest-ar1700#latest

@tanthalas can you merge these threads just so the bug reports all are in one place.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited November 2012
    Merged the bugreports
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited November 2012
    (...)
    Thanks
  • XhalXhal Member Posts: 8
    Just got to this area, and I'm crashing near the bridges too. Not only that, but most of the cloakwood areas are pretty choppy during combat.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Adul @Xhal
    With the latest patch (2014), does the game still crash when you explore the Cloakwood area?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Aedan I've been to that Cloakwood area yesterday, explored it, fought monsters, saved/reloaded a bunch of times and had no issues.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Adul
    Thank you very much for the check!