Skip to content

Haste APR boost incorrect

Haste, as per spell effect is intended to give an extra attack per round, However, it currently and incorrectly only adds a half attack if you have a half attack APR (ex. 3/2 or one and a half attacks per round becomes 2 APR instead of 5/2 or two and a half APR.)
I know its a bug from the existing BG2 engine, but fixing it would be awesome, if only to get haste potions and the spell (rare enough as they are, no?) their proper full functioning.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited May 2013
    WHAAAT?! They didn't fix this yet?! Report time!

Edit: Did a quick test of the spell and it does not seem to have the issue in the current patch. I know this was an issue before but it seems to be fixed to me. Could you check your patch version? What were the exact circumstances of this bug (where did the haste come from, who got only 1/2 an attack, etc.)? Also, can you attach a save file?
  • AaronDemonciaAaronDemoncia Member Posts: 31
    Updated to Latest Patch, Dorn with Rancor Natural 3/2 APR Potion of haste APR: 2. i lack the spell in the game on my file... i also dont see why i cant attach a .sav file on this post, that might be relevent
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Zip it up and attach it.
    edited May 2013
    so simple and yet so roundabout. there it is. im hoping i simply havent missed a patch/bug note about haste because now tress has me second guessing if i researched properly before i posted
    Post edited by AaronDemoncia on
    i realized (in the bathroom where all great flashes of inspiration and insight occur) that i attached only the sav and not the entire bloody save like a genius so here is that.
    edited May 2013
    Good catch! Here's what is going on: If you have an alternating number of attacks per round (like 3/2 apr, or 3 apr in round one and 2 apr in round two) then haste does not give you a whole extra apr but instead gives you 1/2 apr. I'll report this.
    Secondarily now that i've actually come under the circumstance, Slow is having no effect on a characters APR when they have only 1 APR, per the spell description it should halve your APR and it isn't, is 1/2 APR a round even possible with the game engine? @Tresset
    I think 1 is the minimum APR.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Technically, stuff like Mislead and Boots of Lightning Speed disable the character's ability to attack by setting his/her APR to 0. But aside from that, 1 is indeed the minimum APR. If you wear the boots and then equip a +1/2 APR item (or even a modded item that sets your APR to 1/2), you get 1 APR.
    This seems.... overly convoluted, and seems to make spells like mislead far more deadly than intended. Is there a technical reason working behind the scenes? @jalily