Skip to content

Where was Imoen caged in chapter 1?

I know it must be a flaw in the cutscene, but ... she somewhat escapes from the golem room , and there are no cages there.

Also, when you get back there she says "whoah, a golem" , as if she hadn't seen it before.

And why wasn't my cage locked , just like Minsc's and Jaheira's?

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Hrm... First part, I want to say she was so busy hauling her keister over to you she overlooked the poo-monster (it was made of sewage, right? :/).
    Second part, Imoen got it! And so many people here dismiss her, the snakes.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited May 2013
    Probably over in the room she freaks out about when you walk in (the one with all the tanks and cages, not the pristine, HEAVILY trapped room)....and then followed the suggestion to come free you, and locking the doors behind her as went, so the escape wouldn't seem TOO easy. Not really becoming conscious of her surroundings until after she released you.

(Backed up quite a bit by dialog...even she is confused about how she escaped, "I think one of the explosions loosened my cage door, ooh my head hurts", as well as, "it's like he's still here...I can still feel his fingers probing around like daggers in my mind" "No no, we need to stay together, I FEEL it!")

Because Irenicus wanted you to escape, so he used a simpler lock and Mindraped Imeon to make damn sure she released you and stayed with you (hoping the suggestions he'd implanted in you to protect her and/or follow him would lead you into his trap, once he got himself his new laboratory (and just because he's SOO fond of overkill situations, also left a bunch of contingency plans to prod you in that direction if the suggestions and dreams didn't work).

("I lacked the necessary facilities to complete the ritual back in my lab, but the cowled fools have seen fit to provide me with all equipment I need, not to worry, this will ALL be over shortly")
    Post edited by ZanathKariashi on