Skip to content

[BG1Fixpack] The death of Gorion

BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
edited July 2012 in Fixed
In that "cinematic" Gorion finishes with "... we are in a ambush... Prepare yourself." But Serevok starts his dialog before Gorion says "Prepare yourself."
Post edited by Bhryaen on
AndreaColomboBhryaenTsukijinNooneelseShapiroKeatsDarkMageBrimstoneQuartz

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    You might want to reword this for the bug reporting format described in Cam's thread. Funny, I've cringed at that moment in the cutscene every time but never considered it might get fixed one day.
    Present game behavior:
    In the cutscene upon leaving Candlekeep when Gorion delivers his line, "We are in an ambush... Prepare yourself," Sarevok begins his lines "You're observant... for an old man" before Gorion finishes his.

Correct game behavior:
    There should be a natural dialogue pause between Gorion's and Sarevok's lines.
    kiaiwoekingLREC
    This one is already potentially addressed in BGEE, but how you'll just have to guess... ;-)

Moving to Fixed.
    lordkimCheesebellyAntonBrimstone
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I hope it's a complete revamp of the cutscene with more fireworks... high level fireworks :D
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    @Iansounet one of the dev confirmed the fireworks revamp a while ago ^_^ forgot who it was though
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Bhryaen : Ooh, ooh, don't tell - it's related to a space traveling rainbow cookie? :D
    SneakyDumpling
    edited July 2012
    @Cheesebelly
    You weren't supposed to know about the space traveling rainbow cookie, so I'm suspecting there's been an information leak. Unfortunately now... I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta kill ya... Oh, wait, but you couldn't possibly know how the cookie crumbles yet... ;-)
    Post edited by Bhryaen on
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Bhryaen D: That's terrible.

Also, yay! Fireworks for all!
    BhryaenMedillen
  • SpidersBaneSpidersBane Member Posts: 20
    Wait, what?! Gorion dies! Thanks for the spoiler alert :(
    DiscoCatFateAscendsAnton
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

Nah, he just fakes it.

Anton
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I started BGT last night and it is fixed in that. It is not fixed in Tutu though, which I also tested.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    Honestly I never had a problem with this. It made sense in my head. Why would Sarevok bother being polite with old geezers he's about to ill?
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556

Nah, he just fakes it.

You see, the blade used to kill him was coated in a special poison which gave the *appearance* of death...
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Aranneas

Well, normally you'd stop talking when a huge guy in armor starts threatening you, Gorion continues yammering like Sarevok wasn't even there.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Tanthalas said:

@Aranneas

Well, normally you'd stop talking when a huge guy in armor starts threatening you, Gorion continues yammering like Sarevok wasn't even there.

Nah, Gorion was just that badass...and sarevok just dont give no f...Yep
    Anton
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    Tanthalas said:

@Aranneas

Nah, Gorion was just that badass...and sarevok just dont give no f...Yep
    @Tanthalas This. Normally you'd stop. Gorion gives no fucks.
    LordsDarkKnight185FateAscendsPaheejKilivitz