Skip to content

Playing with mouse - really comfortable

migalmigal Member Posts: 14
I recorded a film in which I show the experience of playing BG on iPad using mouse. It's really comfortable :)

BestopherTroodon80VilanceCheesebellyCrevsDaak

Comments

• BestopherBestopher Member Posts: 28
    Although at that point you might as well be playing the PC version lol
  • migalmigal Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    But I won't take my PC to school (lecture), on holidays etc. and iPad+mouse is much much easier to carry than laptop ^^

"-Why do You do this?
    -Because I can"

:)
    francoCrevsDaak
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I have to ask, since I don't own an iPad - and, naturally, I don't own the iPad version of the game - but do tooltips work when you hover over items in-game?

(That is, assuming the mouse works like a traditional mouse rather than a push state emulator.)

And also begs the question as to how well an iPad keyboard would work with it.

My assumption is that they would probably have removed the tooltips for the iPad, but consider me curious.
  • VilanceVilance Member Posts: 11
    Thank you for sharing this, was thinking of getting a mouse for my ipad.
    CrevsDaak
    edited May 2013
    Troodon80 said:

I have to ask, since I don't own an iPad - and, naturally, I don't own the iPad version of the game - but do tooltips work when you hover over items in-game?

First thing is that mouse coursor only replace Your finger - only left button works so if You want to see what item it is You must hold left button for a sec (like a finger) imitating right click. And tooltips don't show over an item, because only a click is hmm received ? :) not a position of a coursor.

Moving a coursor to the edge of the screen won't move it too - You must click, hold the button and move mouse - just like doing it using a finger.
    Troodon80 said:

And also begs the question as to how well an iPad keyboard would work with it.

Keyboard will do nothing in BG I think, because there are no hot keys to use (everything is happening by touching You finger/clicking left button of a mouse) so space bar for example won't pause the game.
    Vilance said:

Thank you for sharing this, was thinking of getting a mouse for my ipad.

You're welcome :) and remember - the mouse must be the Bluetooth one of course but without any USB connector (some of them have it).

And Guys remember one thing ! To use mouse You need an app called BTstack Mouse by BigBoss from Cydia so You need a Jailbreak !
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    migal said:

First thing is that mouse coursor only replace Your finger - only left button works so if You want to see what item it is You must hold left button for a sec (like a finger) imitating right click. And tooltips don't show over an item, because only a click is hmm received ? :) not a position of a coursor.

Moving a coursor to the edge of the screen won't move it too - You must click, hold the button and move mouse - just like doing it using a finger.

Ah, that's what I figured it would probably be. It more or less emulates the press, though with more precision.

Still, quite interesting.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Looks cool, but pausing should be difficult. When I play by my hand, one hand-finger is always near the down left corner to tap the clock and pause. With mouse, you need to drag the mous down to clock everytime you pause/unpause, which may be rather tedious.
    You are right lunar, it's the biggest problem I think (space bar rlz :) ) but You can always do everything using mouse (it is far more precise) and still have Your finger near down left corner only to pause the game ;)
    lunar
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Ooh, so you can have the mouse and the tapping with finger both at the same time? That's real dual-wielding skills, Drizzt would be proud! :-)
    migalCrevsDaak