Skip to content

Anyone encounter this? If so, do you know how to fix it?

Thanks again everyone for being great sports and answering my questions in the past.

To begin, I am experience a text-based issue. In the character creation screens (and when trying to write a note to journal) random item names are appearing opposed to the kits name and description.

I do have a few mods installed. In order: Sub-races, BGEE Weapons and Armour merchants, High Hedge items (wizard’s staff, circlets, etc).

My limited knowledge indicates this may be a dialog.tk issue? Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve the issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    Sounds like you installed the mods before updating to the newest patch.
    You should always make sure to uninstall any mods before patching your game.
    If this is the case removing and reinstalling your mods should fix the problem, but earlier saves might remain wonky.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    @neonfisk Hmmm, the last patch added the five kits right? Fixed the autozoom on new screen? That is the last patch I downloaded.

If I deleted my overrides and uninstall the mods and double-check and reinstall should that fix the issues? And would that ruin my saves?

Thanks for the response, either way.
  • NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    I believe that should fix it, yes.
    Your saves should be fine, but text introduced through mods (item descriptions, etc.) might be mixed up with each other.
    If you start a new game everything should be working as intended.

I have only had this happen to me twice, so I'm not sure about how much your older saves are affected.

If everything fails I recommend a complete reinstall of the game.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I once had classes and all that become random strings of text after an update... The only way I managed to fix it was to re-install the game and all mods.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2013
    Kaltzor said:

I once had classes and all that become random strings of text after an update... The only way I managed to fix it was to re-install the game and all mods.

This, this, this~ Had it happen to me several times in the past. I believe there's an order to which you have to install mods...could be some sort of DIALOG.TLK blunder.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for your help. I couldn't seem to find anywhere that lists suggested mod order yet. Does anyone else know of anything posted that could help others avoid this in the future?