Skip to content

Your BG2EE wishlist?

Just wondering what's on some people's wishlists for the next installment. About all I've got off the top of my head is maybe a couple tweaks to make archers/bounty hunters still relevant come ToB time, maybe some new arrows/ HLA trap that only BH's get. Not very creative I know.

Comments

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, I have no wish list.. But I do want more thieves... Ones that don't end up against you... As it stands now, I think the best person for the thief job in BG2 is Jan.
  • LapaLapa Member Posts: 73
    I wish there would be new superboss battles. Battles like Kangaxx, Firkraag, Demogorgon...

I want also more wilderness areas. I did enjoy very much the exploration of all those BG1 wilderness maps. Big cities are not my thing.
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    I want big low level mob battles, a whole army of a few hundreds trying to take you down, not a few dozen soldiers equiped with +3 weapons as in TOB, a real army! hundreds/thousands(!) of enemies trying to overwhelm you with sheer number! Neither one you can(have to) easily run away from like the Drow army, one you have to use all your AoE spells, empty all your wands of fire and ligthning, but they still come, they always come, you can't run away, you have to them push back!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The one thing I'd really like that they won't do (because of contract limitations) is a redo of some of the stronghold quest lines. The druid one comes to mind as it was just sad.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    I hope that there will be a few new spears and halberds. BG is in desperate need of some polearm love. Also, did you know that spears do 1d6 piercing, the same as a short sword? Yeesh. At least item revisions gives them 1d8, and I think halberds are 1d10 with an option to slash.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited June 2013
    taking the fact that 90% of the contend can't be touched, my wishlist resume to a single request:

Do not screw the game by trying to improve it.

My expectations are pretty low at the moment, so anything passable will please, i don't feel as before anymore, when they annouced the BG EE and we thougth that our mind would be the only limit for what we could achieve.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Ascension.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    I'd like to see some (at least partial) integration of AI improvements from SCS.
    That's the only request I have for the devs. Especially now, when @DavidW is part of the Team.
  • suddenly_humansuddenly_human Member Posts: 22
    Definitely Ascension. Another male love interest would be a plus as Anomen is...well a bit of an idiot.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629

Definitely Ascension. Another male love interest would be a plus as Anomen is...well a bit of an idiot.

And a douchebag. Can't forget douchebag.
  • AaronDemonciaAaronDemoncia Member Posts: 31
    kamuizin said:

taking the fact that 90% of the contend can't be touched, my wishlist resume to a single request:

Do not screw the game by trying to improve it.

My expectations are pretty low at the moment, so anything passable will please, i don't feel as before anymore, when they annouced the BG EE and we thougth that our mind would be the only limit for what we could achieve.

Undermining the spirit of the thread doesn't really do anything but bump post counts. #themoreyouknow

As for the subject at hand:
    Flavour text for certain seemingly random elements like the imprisoned scholar mage of the elements in the underdark that has no real indicator that hes even there.
    An alternate path to spellhold would be nice, but if not i can always hack Alternatives into the game Sans Melificus.
    and the only real true addition that's actually needed: Additional weapons to the game with the option to allow Cromwell to upgrade Watcher's Keep items. the insane inability to play some classes to the fullest because of a complete lack of several weapon types is astounding.
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    Sadly the contractual limits nullifies all my wishes.
    So... my opinion if pragmatic is undermining @AaronDemoncia , aka destructive? Ok, sorry for speak plain, i will lie for you if that make you feel better!

Just to speak about your requests:

New banters for old quests are content restricted, so no new text can be done for the imprisoned mage. I would really like to add things in the old content but i got this answer so many times that i don't even ask anymore.

Obs: the Duergar Merchants at the begin of the underdark speak of the imprisoned mage in you pursue banters with them, also one of the gnomes in the svirfneblin city also speak of him.

Plot changes in old content can't be done, so no new alternative path to spellhold is possible.

More weapons is a possibility, in fact some old weapons should be taken from the game to be substitued, but that would probally fall in old content restrictions.

Obs2: but quests or banters that make the player give up, sell or destroy an old weapon to adquire a new one is virtually possible.

Rasaad and Dorn are both romance options in BG2:EE, so there's that, at least. :)
  • OYMEOYME Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    1: An explanation for the presence of the alhoon & the hidden, the twisted rune, the lich in the wall, and Kangaxx.
    2: An epic level ability for mages to cast spell opposite of their spell school & give the regular mage an extra spell slot for all spell levels.
    3: Xan as a new but returning BG1 NPC with a chance to upgrade his moonblade and change his spell school (or have #2 happen).
    4: The ability to cast spells at invisible creatures and enemies to cast spells at your invisible party if they naturally can see through invisibility & making improved invisibility not give away your presence.
    5: Change magic resistance to magical damage resistance and any spells affecting magic resistance to magical damage resistance as well.
    6: Make more gear and weapons ToB worthy and give cromwell the ability to upgrade watchers keep items.
    7: More new quests with more new NPCs.
    8: Making Ascension and SCSi & SCSii an innate part of the game.
    9: A new theif that can compete with Jan by both personality and stats.
    10: Multiple helmets of opposite alignment to shove on NPCs.
    11: Make Boo become a wear-rat and a joinable NPC as a result.

I'll add to this big wish list if I can think of anything else but I'm sure that this coves all of it.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    What I would very much like to have is even a tiny bit of randomness. Three possible examples:

1) A traveling salesman who has some reasonably interesting and fairly unique but not plot-specific items in his stock. The game could easily keep track of where he is in any given moment, and if you happen to enter the same area, you could do business with him. Otherwise, not. He would mainly travel between Trademeet and Umar Hills and only very occasionally visit the City Gates; there's something in the city itself that troubles him. (This would even lead to a sub-quest, given the right circumstances.) Much of the time, of course, he would be in between places and you couldn't meet him at all, except through an unlikely random encounter. Killing and looting him is possible, of course, but you never know where these strange characters might get protection from... And surely you know the histories related to some of the items in the game. Previous owners, all that...

2) In BG2, you can go drinking in a bar and hear rumors, but nothing meaningful actually ever happens. Well, what about a sub-quest that depends on something heard at a pub? You drink your third drink, someone comes to your table and starts a conversation. It could lead to many things. This type of quest could start a) when the right conditions are met AND b) you just get lucky.

3) I would also love it if the developers were to add a large number (like, 60?) unique new magic items, but at the start-up, the game would determine how many (like, 25?) would actually exist in your given game. There'd be no way to change this setting, apart from starting a whole new game. And the placing of these items could be somewhat random as well.

The less the developers would tell of these things before the game is out, the better.

I think Baldur's Gate 2 is the best computer game ever, but there is no randomness, nothing is time-dependent (okay, Jan's unique quest is, but that's close to meaningless) and everything is extremely static. I understand the potential hazards of the approach I'm suggesting, but I think it would add immensely to the game's replay value.

(Speaking of the potential writers of these new high-quality sub-quests and plots, I find myself forced to make a bit of a coughing sound. The style, grammar and general language of the stuff written for Baldur's Gate 2 was generally good or excellent, but I think it could be improved upon.)
  • suddenly_humansuddenly_human Member Posts: 22
    A +5 Katana in ToB would also be a plus...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Pretty much what they did with bg:ee. Just better. And more of it.

(and rewriting ToB :p)
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @Kamigoroshi: Oh my god an aboleth paladin would be the best thing.

Seriously, though, my wish list (of things they haven't already added) is very short. I'd like a new npc, either a single or multi-classed rogue, but not a rogue/mage, because honestly, we've got enough of those, and not duel-classed out of rogue. I'd also like quick weapon slots to be robust enough to handle swapping between a sword-and-shield and a bow. If they implement both those things, I will be a very happy man.
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    I think about :
    1. A neutral thief so either the good as the bad parties can use him. A non dualed or multi classed thief. I would like it if it wasn't one of the main races, like a half-demon or something.

2. The possibility to start at lvl 1. With this I mean like it is in NWN 2 . So you start in the Irenicus dungeon
    with lvl 1 but already with enough XP to level up to lvl 7. So you can dual-class at 2 or 3 or something like that.

3.Solafeuin ( from Ust Natha ) as a joinable NPC. I thought about Warrior with extremely high dexterity 'cause he's an elf and with 4 stars for spears. And because he's an drow extra magic ressistance. Also it would be nice to see him and Viconia have conversations.
  • LephidilesLephidiles Member Posts: 20
    1. Bow useage in tob.
    2. More outdoor areas.
    3. More equipment to equip :) gauntlets wrists helmets rings necks weapons +++ so i can get something in every slot for every party member no matter what combo
  • alish74alish74 Member Posts: 11
    no bugs
    Jarrakul said:

Seriously, though, my wish list (of things they haven't already added) is very short. I'd like a new npc, either a single or multi-classed rogue, but not a rogue/mage, because honestly, we've got enough of those, and not duel-classed out of rogue. I'd also like quick weapon slots to be robust enough to handle swapping between a sword-and-shield and a bow. If they implement both those things, I will be a very happy man.

No idea about the second, but there have been very strong hints from the devs that the first is going to happen. :)
    Just hope they make this new rogue class evil (apparently this is already set, will be evil and female), human with the following status:

*str - 17 (so dual class to fighter is possible)
    *dex - 18+ (to be a decent thief)
    *con - whatever, if they make her an assassin, put 9- in constitution, to roleplay consequences of dealing with poison. If they put something VERY negative here, like 6-8, give a unique poison resistance at least for her.
    *int - 16-17 (if someone want to dual to mage, what is stupid as edwin is evil and we already other 2 mage thiefs, the machine of the lum will be required for this).
    *wis - 17-18 (for dual class to priest, if someone want)
    *cha - whatever.

The stat increase books should become carriable to BG2 (if you have them in inventory and did not use them in BG). They should be accessible in the library of Irenicus Dungeon, would make sense at least.
    edited June 2013
    17-18 in four stats? Ick. If I want a minmax character I'll call up Solaufein.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Kamigoroshi Will you be happy about BG2EE, then! ;)
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    After replaying BG2... I want Lilarcor to be upgradeable. He deserves even more power.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    OYME said:

2: An epic level ability for mages to cast spell opposite of their spell school & give the regular mage an extra spell slot for all spell levels.

Sooooo... make it so that specialization has no effect? Seriously?
    edited June 2013
    shawne said:

17-18 in four stats? Ick. If I want a minmax character I'll call up Solaufein.

Those where possibilities (i would like to keep them all but...), if the intent of dual class is clearly focused in thief priest or thief fighter, just set to 17+ the required stat and lower the others.

If needed set charisma and constittion and charisma to 6-8.

Anyway i don't have problems with high status in my NPCs, otherwise the game would allow me to recruit any shit to my party (if anyone like low level challenges, just ctrl+q 5 bums and good luck). The NPCs that join main char are suposed to be special people that will in the end have godly powers at the end of ToB, so there's nothing wrong if the selected group of NPCs to recruit in BG2 get ubber status.

BG is a low level party, so there is perfectly acceptable that some NPCs have low stats.