Skip to content

BG:II EE... lines of dialogue!

According to PCGAMER and Trent Oster, there's already 350,000 more lines of dialogue in the second Enhanced Edition. Somebody smack me... :33

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    That's the word count, not lines of dialogue....
    lunar
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    Jalily said:

Technically - writing a single word for each line, would meet his expectations - albeit a tad silly to look at :)
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Jalily said:

Still reason for celebration, IMHO.
    Scooter
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Jalily said:

Oh, yes, thank you for the correction! Still it is quite amazing!
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Are we sure that's just dialog and not also code? I mean, didn't BG2 only have 1.2 million words to begin with? 350,000 words is almost a third more dialog/item/journal content. I can't say I'm complaining, but that's quite a mountain more than I was expecting.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Just new content, not code. :)
    Jarrakul
    And that's why we love you guys! I'm sincerely hoping thins means you've all taken our comments to hart and given SoA some wilderness areas and added more content to ToB. I know you can't change the plot of ToB, but if I'm not mistaken that doesn't prevent you from fleshing it out by adding sidequests, maps, and the like.
    Yowza. Well, that'll be fun to explore. Hopefully some of it's in ToB, since there was so little side content in ToB. Even if it's not... that's just a ton of extra content. Wow.
    Dee said:

Yes, we really fleshed out Noober's backstory. :D

Ah, yes, I seem to recall this was some of the content cut from SoA, of which Neeber was all that remained. :P
    Turns out 300,000 of the 350,000 words are actually just "how about now?" repeated 100,000 times. :P
    LemernisMalicronCobbwebDrugar
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited June 2013
    Just to have an idea, do you know the number of lines in vanilla BG1 and the number added in BGEE ?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    If you are looking for a base of comparison, here is what Philip Daigle has Tweeted:
    "#bg2ee Throne of Bhaal was 125k words! That's a lot of words. the new BG2:EE content is probably going to sit at around 200k."
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited June 2013
    Palanthis said:

Just to have an idea, do you know the number of lines in vanilla BG1 and the number added in BGEE ?

Not the same as the number of lines, but vanilla BG1 (with TotSC) has 24,123 strings while BG:EE v2014 has 31,996.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    ok, thanks !