Skip to content

Floating loot window

UnferthUnferth Member Posts: 27
Particularly when collecting loot after, er, massacres, but also just in general, it can be a pain in the wrist to move constantly back and forth between inventory-able objects (drops, chests, etc.) and the loot display at the bottom of the screen. I was thinking it would be convenient to have the contents of the object (and, I guess, your pack) pop up in a small floating window right next to where you clicked to examine it, so goodies could be gathered with ease. This would also presumably leave the command buttons free to click or key in a pinch, whereas currently they're obstructed and unresponsive until you actively exit the loot display.

Edit: This setup would also be less invasive in hidden-GUI mode; to my mind, having all the "instruments" pop up when you loot is detrimental to immersion.

I know some posters have discussed auto-looting and whatnot, but I like doing it manually—I just think this feature could be an improvement. Agree / disagree?
Post edited by Unferth on

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Not an issue for me. Perhaps your mouse sensitivity is low? (not sure if this is translated into the game from desktop settings or not) or are you using your wrist rather than your finger joints to move the mouse?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Due to bigger screen resolutions... A bigger window would be the next step.

At present, when you pick up loot from either the floor or a chest you see a inventory box of 4 (2x2), with any loot inside it, with a scroll bar for more than 4 items, also a picture of what is being looted next to it (chest, dead body etc)... Then a box of six (3x2) with the backpack icon next to it.

It would be easier if we had more inventory boxes... Stopping to scroll is the first slow down for me...

An inventory box of 10 (5x2) to pick up loot and a full backpack inventory box (9x2) would be great... Although the number of boxes could be hard to change... The ability to click on another character when the loot boxes are on screen to use their backpack (if they are near enough) would be even greater...

A floating box, not saying it is not a good idea, would be magical to behold in a game that uses different screens.