Skip to content

Put Concept and Fan Art In the game

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
So there is a seriously large amount of fantastic fan art being created on here, both as part of the monthly fan art challenges and just people wanting to show off their own artwork and projects

In addition, there is a bunch of cool concept art found in the candlekeep library section of the website, as well as stuff from previews and press releases and so on.

This is really a feature request to put some of this art on display in the game, under an "Extras" tab. Personally, I think a lot of people will enjoy looking at it, plus it would be a good way to demonstrate the the bg community is still alive and thriving.

Realistically, I think it would have been even better to diplay it on the loading screen in game, but since the game no longer has loading screens, I think the is the best alternative.

At very least, putting some of the winning fanart submissions onto the launcher itself would be a cool idea.

EntropyXIImungomunkAnduinButtercheese

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    This can be easily modded into a game...

But added legitamacy would make it sweeter. However it may mean contractual wavers and whatnot, will make it overly complicated... I presume they would have to offer it free in the add on section?

But then... You could just mod it in... But then the ipad people would not be able to use it :(

Have you made a mod request @ajwz ? I really like the idea. Just being a realist... Curse my mummified remains...
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    As much as I like the idea, I think there is so much art and no process to filter what should/should not that I don't see it being feasible. So, great idea, but the practicality (I think) keeps it from being achievable.

Maybe I'm wrong. Often am. :)