Skip to content

Detect illusion

How does it work? Do you need to activate detect traps? is it worth it?

Comments

• WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    What does it do? can it like dispell miror image or see invisibylity?
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited June 2013
    It's pretty much an at-will truesight. You activate detect traps and every 3 seconds there's a % chance equal to your skill that an illusion will be removed, and checks separately for each illusion. So at 100 skill, toggling it for about 2-3 seconds remove all hostile illusions instantly (invisibility, mirror images, MISLEAD etc, ALL of them).

I personally think it's an awesome skill since spell slots are better spent on other things. It's not much use in BG since there aren't many mages who use illusions frequently (and getting locks/traps high is far more important in the early levels), but it's awesome in BG2 (sooner it's max the better).
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    Thanks a lot! I'm sure to put some points in it
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Just a heads up. Not that useful in BG:EE... It is because not that many enemies are that high up to use invisibility (and by the time that you get this skill high enough to get rid of mirror images quick using it... the mages will be using more offensive and defensive spells anyway)

But when you get into BG2...

Awesome!
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    I find it exceptionally useful if you use the Sword Coast Stratagems mod with enemy mage prebuffing turned on. In vanilla BG1 though it's not necessary, as the others have noted.