Skip to content

Different multiplayer pause bug?

I've thus far been unsuccessful in finding any discussions about the particular problem I've been having due to the OTHER pause bug in BGEE. I don't know if this one is limited to multiplayer (or even just one-person multiplayer, as I've been playing) and frankly, I don't care to find out.

The problem I'm having is simple: I can barely pause/unpause the game. Often it takes hammering on the spacebar five or six times just to get the game to pause, and I've tried clicking the on-screen pause button as well, and the problem persists even then (not that it would help any if it did; my manual dexterity is limited, and if I had to manually click that thing before issuing orders in combat, I might as well just order my characters around real-time).

My guess is that it must be a very specific issue, considering nobody seems to be talking about it on the forum, but it doesn't make the game any more playable for me. Constantly getting killed in the original was fun because it just meant I needed a change in strategy. My only deaths in BGEE have been caused by my characters taking damage (especially from spells and such) while I'm trying to pause the game, and I don't feel in control at all.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed.

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'm having this issue as well, and I find it extremely annoying. I am not able to pause right before a fight and give commands to my characters. It takes a couple seconds before the pause takes effect. Autopause doesn't really work right either.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Can you guys post the specifics of your PC/laptop/Mac, please? It could be useful to reproduce this issue.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited June 2013
    PC i7 quad core, 16GB ram, 1GB ATI Radeon 5850 video card. Running 64bit Windows 7.

And this doesn't happen for me in single player. Pausing in single player mode works perfectly. It only happens when I'm playing by myself on multiplayer. Don't know if it happens when playing multiplayer with other people.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Awong124
    Thanks. Reported.
    If someone else has this issue, knowing the specifics of his/her PC/laptop/Mac could be useful to reproduce this issue.