Skip to content

Patching the game.

How do I do it? It was probably answered already but I just can't find it.

Comments

• darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    mhabijan said:

How do I do it? It was probably answered already but I just can't find it.

Pay the money for Overhaul , and launch the shortcut which will detect your version and show the update option for you , curret version is V 2.014

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    If you have the stand-alone version, simply run the game launcher (BGEE.exe). It will automatically check for updates and give you the option to install them. Not sure how it works if you're using the Beamdog client though. If you have it through Steam I think it should update automatically.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Steam updates automatically (unless you tell it not to). The Beamdog client checks for updates every time you start it up (so if you've had it running constantly for the last six months, you may want to close and reopen it). The stand-alone launcher (for both Mac and PC) checks when you start it up as well, but it closes when you launch the game so you're more likely to catch an update than with the client.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited June 2013
    Does "Game Update 8" (April 26, 2013) mean the same as "v. 2.014" ?

EDIT: Oh my god... I hoped to be able to edit this before you or some other dev read it, @Dee... This question was clearly in the category "Read The F... Manual" and/or "Facepalm"...
    Thanks for quick reply nonetheless. :-)
    Post edited by fkirenicus on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes, that's the one. 1.0.2014 is the name of the build, which helps us reference issues based on when the build was created.