Skip to content

DD starting with too many hit points

JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
edited June 2013 in Not An Issue
So, I just started a Dwarven Defender, I was running around Candlekeep minding my own business when I noticed that I had 65 hit points. Now, with a d12 hit die and a 19 Con I should be pretty tanky, but probably not quite that tanky. After doing some testing, it seems that the game thinks the base hp for 1st level DDs is 60. No other class appears to be affected.

Expected Behavior: DD base 1st level hp should be 12, so my 19-con DD should have 17 hp.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I am unable to reproduce this. Can you attached a save game, please?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Sure. It's attached.
    edited June 2013
    Thanks. Reported.
    Just another question: are you a Windows/Mac/Ipad player?
    Windows. Thanks for looking into it.
    @Jarrakul
    We are unable to reproduce this issue. If I load your save game, I see that your character has too many Hit Points; however, I cannot reproduce this issue starting a new game with the latest build (2014).
    Have you perhaps installed any mods? If you create a new DD, is this issue still present?
    Hm. Upon further testing I think it must've been a mod, since it persists until I clear my override folder. Odd, since no other class is affected and none of my mods should be interacting with DDs in any specific way, but that's how code works sometimes. Sorry for taking up your time.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    This may happen with mods that alter hitpoint rolls, namely the one that makes the rolls higher (5-10 instead of 1-10 for fighters etc.). Since d12 rolls are hardcoded, it creates the issue. Try creating barbarian (also has d12) to see if he has the same problem. And Red disciples.
    @Jarrakul
    Thanks for the reply. Not an issue, then.