Skip to content

[(BG2) Cosmetic Bug] Assassin, skald THAC0 bonus doesn't show on character sheet

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
edited November 2012 in Fixed
Because of the funky way their thac0 bonus is applied via EFF, assassins and skalds receive the bonus but it's not reflected on their character record. This changes the way the bonus is applied so that it works and shows on their record.
// assassin and skald thac0 bonuses not displaying in character record
COPY_EXISTING ~spcl421.spl~ ~override~
~spcl541.spl~ ~override~
LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~DELETE_SPELL_EFFECT~ INT_VAR
opcode_to_delete = "177" // delete use eff fx
END
LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~ADD_SPELL_EFFECT~ INT_VAR
opcode = 278 // thac0 bonus
target = 2 // preset target
parameter1 = 1 // +1
timing = 9 // instant/permanent
resist_dispel = 2 // not dispel/bypass MR
END
BUT_ONLY
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    What happens if you set timing = 1? Is the base stat modified or does it attach an effect that goes away with death?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I'm on it.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Ah, I'll fix the 2DA then.
    @SethDavis What?
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    @Coriander - This had come up elsewhere, and I changed things so that THAC0 could be added via a 2DA rather than a spell as the spell didn't appear to be working. But since you got them working the 2DA was going a bit overboard. It's still there if someone wants to use it, but the entries are all set to 0 now.
    Ok.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    #278 always stays around. For this thac0 bonus, there is no base stat. Timing mode 9 should stay over death, no?
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    This change has been integrated and should be present in the next build.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Confirmed Fixed

The innate THAC0 bonus of Assassins and Skalds is now reflected on the character Records page.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Looks fixed to me also
  • JabJab Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    Hey! I think, that there might be the same problem with Kensai (and perhaps Shwashbuckler as far as I understand it). That means that his +1 thac0 for every 3 levels also does not appear on his character sheet. It might be working "invisibly" though.

P.S.I'm sorry, the thac0 bonus for Kensai works. He gets first one at third level. Perhaps this should be in his description though...