Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• pankampankam Member Posts: 5
    Patch status - it's boring...
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    Patch status = android status. Very not boring for those of us who can't play yet.
    etotheoAron740fooflamfinn
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    Since when was the patch release the android release!? Or am I missing something?
    Aron740 said:

Since when was the patch release the android release!? Or am I missing something?

Huh. Maybe I'm way off base...

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    They aren't one and the same, but the patch release does help facilitate the Android release.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    guciomir said:

If Adventure Y is still at early development stage, please make it integral part of BGEE like Tales of Sword Coast expansion. Standalone adventures , like Black Pits are not as interesting.

It has been told somewhere already (i don't know if it is still true), that Adventure Y is between BG1 and BG2 in timeline. So, it cannot be integrated into the games as in the npcs were, but BG1 could be made to continue seamlessly into it. This is just how i expect it to be done, i don't know anything else about this content.

AstroBryGuy
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Dee said:

Sese79 said:

So, you moved closer to "transparency" but moved away from our & your dream, a really "Enhanced" Edition. I hope after the new patch you will be closer to the another announcement, and not removing it later:

"The Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate has been given an extensive overhaul. The original source code has been cleaned up and improved, sped up, and now has support for modern platforms. Over 400 issues from the original game have been found and fixed."

You may be misreading the announcement. Over 400 issues from the original game were found and fixed. There may be others we missed, and certainly there were some we introduced (which will be addressed in the next patch), but that note is accurate and will not be changed.
    The 400 could certainly be raised, as we still find original game bugs occasionally :D

guciomir said:

If Adventure Y is still at early development stage, please make it integral part of BGEE like Tales of Sword Coast expansion. Standalone adventures , like Black Pits are not as interesting.

It has been told somewhere already (i don't know if it is still true), that Adventure Y is between BG1 and BG2 in timeline. So, it cannot be integrated into the games as in the npcs were, but BG1 could be made to continue seamlessly into it. This is just how i expect it to be done, i don't know anything else about this content.

If that rumor would be true I thinks that is an amazing idea. Since there is a big hole between the two games.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Very cool - it would need to raise Khalid from the dead to lead into BG2 (only to have him die again, poor sap... ;-) )
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

guciomir said:

Will be the adventure Y then, the soo expected and praised ingame link between BG and BG2, something that will join both games into a direct storyline (BGT alike) without the need of export character or save game from one to another?

IF that's true, just another question:

Will be BG2:EE install integrated with BG:EE (BGT style) or they gonna be 2 separated installs that communicate between themselfs? (have no idea how something like this would occur)
    They'll be two separate programs, so you'll still need to import your BG1 save into BG2.

Nothing official has been said about Adventure Y, though. Even what @Avenger_teambg mentioned is from a while ago, so the timeline for that adventure may have changed.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    No chance of merging them if you own them both? That would be really nice, like a "never ending" adventure :)
    Schopenhauer
    We may look at it later, but at launch we're focusing on making sure that each game functions as intended.
    kamuizinNecdilzor
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77
    notking said:

@darrenkuo
    I agree with lord Vadar.
    What can we do? We spent $17.99 buying a unfinished game.Now it's price is $11.99!!!
    Eight moths has past,where is the language pack? Promises they had made,now it's time to fulfill them all.

@notking Thats the same shit with the German language. So you are not alone. Do not forget the Americans priority is capitalism. They say many things to keep us on the back burner.

"Said is not yet heard; heard is not yet understood; understood is not yet applied; and applied is not yet continuously applied". Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)
    Dee said:

We may look at it later, but at launch we're focusing on making sure that each game functions as intended.

Well, look at it later is better than nothing ATM at least. BGT prupose is to supply the need of BGT, still if BGT is adapted to BG:EE for the link between the games i'm probally gonna install it.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Danny said:

notking said:

@darrenkuo
    I agree with lord Vadar.
    What can we do? We spent $17.99 buying a unfinished game.Now it's price is $11.99!!!
    Eight moths has past,where is the language pack? Promises they had made,now it's time to fulfill them all.

@notking Thats the same shit with the German language. So you are not alone. Do not forget the Americans priority is capitalism. They say many things to keep us on the back burner.
    Overhaul is Canadian...
    mzorich
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    TJ_Hooker said:

Overhaul is Canadian...

And let's not forget that unlike Bioware/Black Isle, Beamdog is a small studio who needs to rely on voluntary work for translations.
    mzorich
    edited June 2013
    TJ_Hooker said:

Overhaul is Canadian...

Okay my mistake. "North" America(n). Thx for the info but never mind. Despite this the predominant American market is just about the corner...
    kamuizin said:

Dee said:

DISAGREE we payed for it and we want a complete Game. And I emphasize I payed for a full-fledged PC-Version including languages. Android and blabla that doesn't bother me. It's really shameless to pay for an Game waiting month for an translation. And then read others have the opportunity to buy it for a lot less money. The face-saver small team etc. is stale. Ponder about this it's almost 3 month (for others more months) again since some translations are ready. Also it's no duty for the volunteers to translate (Overhaul got this money for this) but they did it and they payed - we payed and we expect professional action and no circus of preferences.
    Kilivitz said:

TJ_Hooker said:

Overhaul is Canadian...

And let's not forget that unlike Bioware/Black Isle, Beamdog is a small studio who needs to rely on voluntary work for translations.
    The German translation (1st March sent to Overhaul http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11176/deutsches-team-deutsche-lokalisierung-status-text-update-1-1-1-an-entwickler-geschickt/p1) is already done and this BEFORE the implementation of the Italian language (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4565/localizzazione-italiana-di-bg-ee-avanzamento-dei-lavori-info#latest)... IF I understand it right. The Italian translation was ready on 20th April and 5 days later PATCH!! By the way my honestly congratulations to the Italians.
    darrenkuo said:

@notking all the language patches are not handled through here, but through the language categories. Go to the Chinese language category (on the left) and ask there when the language patch is ready.

@callimachus

You are wrong ,

The Ring of Wonder
    http://trow.cc/forum/index.php?showtopic=23846

Chinese volunteers said

2012/11/21 - They done all BG-EE translation work already, When can be released , please ask developers,
    2013/05/29 - They start to translate BG2-EE three hundred and fifty thousand words

Chinese category say " please ask for developers team"
    I also saw same question in Ask us anything thread , nobody can reply roughly release date,
    However the German language and how I read here also the Chinese language are ready to implement so pls ACT with this coming patch !!

Actually it is suspicious why is there no official statement to the language patchs? I am sure some more languages are translated...
    Post edited by Danny on
    edited June 2013
    kamuizin said:

Dee said:

Well, look at it later is better than nothing ATM at least. BGT prupose is to supply the need of BGT, still if BGT is adapted to BG:EE for the link between the games i'm probally gonna install it.
    DISAGREE we payed for it and we want a complete Game. And I emphasize I payed for a full-fledged PC-Version including languages. Android and blabla that doesn't bother me. It's really shameless to pay for an Game waiting month for an translation. And then read others have the opportunity to buy it for a lot less money. The face-saver small team etc. is stale. Ponder about this it's almost 3 month (for others more months) again since some translations are ready. Also it's no duty for the volunteers to translate (Overhaul got this money for this) but they did it and they payed - we payed and we expect professional action and no circus of preferences.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

For your sake I think you should reread what you just quoted, I don't think they spoke about languages and instead it was about full integration of the two games to become more like one.

Also this is without doubt not the right thread for questions like this, so why don't you ask about the languages in the right language forum or even make your own thread in general if you think you are not heard, or perhaps even ask in the "ask us anything" thread?
    If this is such a big issue as you portray it then it is great that you make yourself heard so that it can get fixed but a bit of politeness never hurts if you want to send a message since the receiver becomes 95% resistant to anything you say if you mix in hate and politics.

And finally I think you should rethink your generalization of North Americans since it is very ignorant to think that everybody there is douchebags just because you may have had some bad experience with them before. Judge people from what you know not what you "think" and others will judge you more justly.
    Wikkid_Suhn
    edited June 2013
    @Danny, my point was: BG+BG2 integration into a sequence line, where no import/export character/saved game would be needed. From my knowledge of BG:EE project, Beamdog never promised that, so we can't hold on them what wasn't proposed from the begin.

I didn't touch any subject about language translations by the way... so what's to disagree in my post? By this statement please, do not turn your hate towards me, i did nothing to deserve it :)!
    TJ_Hooker
    edited June 2013
    @Aron740 I don't want to spread hate I am just angry and this with right. So I just adduce reasons and that sometimes gonna be hurt your critical faculty.
    Aron740 said:

And finally I think you should rethink your generalization of North Americans since it is very ignorant to think that everybody there is douchebags ...

That is what YOU said. Pls do not transform my words with your phantasie!

@kamuizin I am very sorry for that. I just want to quote your post because of your quotation. ;-) I corrected it.

• Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Adventure Y is frustrating me with the lack of information. I am a patient guy, but I was personally hoping to hear info about this towards the beginning of the year. We're now in month 6 and I dont think anyone actually knows 100% if adventure Y even exists (though it likely it does in some form), nevermind any kind of release date.

I honestly feel Trent shouldnt have tweeted about it way back when the enhanced edition was first announced. It was mentioned along with adventure x (the black bits) so people assumed it would be available on release. It wasnt and was delayed, which is fine for me at least... However now it barely gets mentioned by the devs and like I said, there is no concrete information on it at all.

So yeah, frustrating :). I understand there is a learning curve with what information to reveal to the public for the devs, and I do still think theyve done a good job so far with the enhanced edition, but the lack of certain features that were mentioned to be in the game from release will annoy some people (Multiplayer features, Adventure Y etc).
    mungomunk
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    @Excalibur_2102 If you check the 'ask us anything thread' you will see that there were some questions asked about adventure Y. It was stipulated that Adventure Y is only in a formative stage of development, and I'm pretty sure it's been stated that there's no chance of seeing it before BG2:EE.

I agree that there were some hints about an Adventure Y from Trent on Twitter, but there was never anything really substantial.
    Danny said:

notking said:

@darrenkuo
    I agree with lord Vadar.

"Said is not yet heard; heard is not yet understood; understood is not yet applied; and applied is not yet continuously applied". Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)
    This is no place for some long tedious argument but I can just say that there is no need on my part to transform anything.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Dee said:

Good. Thanks for considering it!

kamuizin
  • SchnitzelSchnitzel Member Posts: 17
    Dee said:

They aren't one and the same, but the patch release does help facilitate the Android release.

So no Android with this patch?
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    Schnitzel said:

Dee said:

So no Android with this patch?
    I think it means patch will be released only when the Android Version is ready, to support its selling...
    Aron740
    I just hope the android version is out soon....
  • SchnitzelSchnitzel Member Posts: 17
    Soon sooon spoon mooon... SR :R coming to android, and they have a relese date, so goodbye BG:EE we had no chance to know each other.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Dee said:

They'll be two separate programs, so you'll still need to import your BG1 save into BG2.

That is a ridiculous thing to do, especially on the iPad.
This discussion has been closed.