Skip to content

In BG2, could I use Shadowkeeper to allow Viconia to romance me even as a gnome?

If so, how?

Comments

• MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Been a while since I've done this but I recall that setting the ViconiaRomanceActive variable to 1 will start the romance. If it has a value of 3, it means the romance has ended.

So instead of using Shadowkeeper, you can use the CLUAConsole to set the global variable with this line.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

If triggering the romance is taking a while you can use this line to jump to the next stage of the romance.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaRomance", "GLOBAL",1)

By using this, it should bypass the racial restrictions. If things are working out so well, you could alternatively create a male elf Charname to initiate the romance, and then shadowkeeper him to a gnome or a woman after the romance has progressed. But I'm pretty sure that having the ViconiaRomanceActive global set to 1 is enough for it to trigger.
    ReadingRambo
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    Do I have to enable cheats? I have never really played around with hacks/cheats before in Baldurs Gate
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    The CLUAConsole must have the cheats activated.

You have to locate the "baldur.ini" file and open it in a text editor program. Look for the line of dialogue that says "Program Options", and add in "Debug Mode=1". When you next start a up the program hold down CTRL and SPACE and a dialogue box will appear where you enter in the code.

However you can still use Shadow Keeper instead by loading up your save file and adding the Global Variable. You do this by looking for the tab "Global Variables" and then choosing "Add". There you add in "ViconiaRomanceActive" in the Name section and "1" for the value.

Both methods achieve the same results.

Make sure you save a copy of your game that is unedited just in case something goes wrong.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Download BG2 Tweaks. It has several romance options including :

1.) Romance everyone you want, no gender or race requirement.
    2.) Romance never dies.
    3.) You can romance several at the same time.

And several more aswell, take your pick.
  • CurmudgeonCurmudgeon Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    If you have not yet rescued Viconia from the mob, save your game just before doing so, use ShadowKeeper to change your race to human, save her and have her join your party, save your game again, and use Shadowkeeper again to revert back to being a gnome. The romance should then be active and you should have the local variable, "LOVETALK," under Viconia's Affects tab.

This does not require the CLUAConsole.
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    Been a while since I've done this but I recall that setting the ViconiaRomanceActive variable to 1 will start the romance. If it has a value of 3, it means the romance has ended.
    You can also do that in Shadowkeeper as romance availability is determined by a global variable set at character creation.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Mordeus - afaik, Viconia does not fall for male elves (being a drow)
    jackjack
  • dac0152dac0152 Member Posts: 52
    I think, actually, if you just do ViconiaRomanceActive, things might get a bit wonky if you've already picked her up in your party, because the variables don't actually exist and you're creating them. More space for things to go wrong.

Instead, (if you haven't picked her up) I would just enable the console and then type CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","Global",1), then whenever she joins your party the romance will begin and proceed as normal. You're just altering the game check to see if you're a proper 'match' for her.

If you've already picked her up, you can try setting the ViconiaMatch to 1 and then ViconiaRomanceActive to 1 and see if that works. I would not mess with the ViconiaRomance variable at all. If you want the romance to speed up, then enter ViconiaRomanceActive 1 twice, or alternatively you can speed up real time by entering CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime("xxxxx"). Know that if you advance real time or RomanceActive once, there will still be a 30 second delay for dialogue.
  • noddy366noddy366 Member Posts: 5
    is there a Clua command for the new nps or does that only work with the older chars ?
  • JulixJulix Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2014
    There ought to be some kind of variables like that, that correspond, but I can't easily find them in Shadowkeeper.
  • FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    this thread is pretty kinky
    jackjack