Skip to content

Favourite music to play to

Hi! What is some of your favourite music to listen to while you play the game? I find it can enhance the experience so much! And using the right songs for the right times. Mostly I rocked the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. Y'know, Fields of Pelennor for final Irenicus battle, Black Gate Opens for more intense stuff. Or during the intense fleeing escape of Ust Natha when they all turn on you, I listened to Anakin Vs Obiwan from Star Wars Ep III. SO GOOD. These songs made the game events eternally memorable. A few times in Watcher's Keep I would rock Muse's Supremacy. For the Demogorgon fight, I listened to Unchained - Tupac & James Brown from the Django soundtrack on repeat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCWY60hWJec). Awesome. What do you like to listen to and how does it enhance your playing??

Comments

• DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    In general I don't listen to music while I play Baldur's gate but I do from time to time. Mostly I Listen to Frank Sinatra I'm not sure if most would feel this a fitting choice, and that's fine Frank Sinatra to me just has a song for everything and his vocal magic can improve my mood and my already incredibly magical experience of playing the greatest game ever made.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    When playing Baldur's Gate, I usually listens to game's original soundtrack, since I think it fits the best. But, that's only the rule when playing games that either encourgage or requires immersion. For other titles, I sometimes listen to music while playing. Hearing "Guile's Theme" while playing Warcraft III made me feel really awesome. And, while playing Diablo III (please, I don't want to hear complaining about this) i like listen to "Leoric" from Diablo II soundtrack, etc.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Baldur's Gate music is above everything else to play this game.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Pretty much just the Baldur's music for me. Back in the day I used to listen to the Gladiator soundtrack while I played, good times.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    me too original bg music is soo great you can't put star wars music and hope it will fit
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    3h56mins of uninterrupted vuvuzelas
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Ahh, the vuvuzelas <3
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited June 2013
    I listen to Ace of Base, and other 90s pop.

Or techno-pop. Sometimes industrial. Or Karl Jenkins.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

and other 90s pop.

I waaaaant it thaaaat waaay
    *Slaying Gibberlings*
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
    @scary_wizard that thumbnail would look nice as a portrait.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

@scary_wizard that thumbnail would look nice as a portrait.

:D
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    No music. It would ruin my immersion of the game.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    The in-game music, because as much as I like Daft Punk or Metallica, I think BG's composers did a pretty good job on the MUSIC THEY DESIGNED FOR THE GAME.