Skip to content

How much did you know about Beamdog/Overhaul before BG:EE?

TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
edited June 2013 in Off-Topic
The title pretty much sums it up. I'm asking for no other reason than I'm curious. I find myself assuming that the majority of people here didn't know about Beamdog before BG:EE, but I realized that I have no reason to think that other than that's the case for myself. I'm treating Beamdog and Overhaul as a single entity here, assuming that if someone knew about one they'd know about the other (hopefully that's a reasonable assumption).

Regarding the wording of some of the options, by "aware" I simply mean that you had heard or seen the name before somewhere; if you knew even a few details about them then go with "familiar".

I'm including a "show results" option for completness' sake, but seeing as how this isn't a poll on opinion, I think everyone ought to be able to choose something, even if it's just the "other" option.
  1. How much did you know about Beamdog/Overhaul before BG:EE?56 votes
    1. I had not heard of Beamdog prior to BG:EE
      91.07%
    2. I was aware of Beamdog
        1.79%
    3. I was familiar with Beamdog, but did not have an account
        1.79%
    4. I was familiar with Beamdog, had an account, but had not bought any games
        0.00%
    5. I was familiar with Beamdog, had an account, and had bought a few games
        3.57%
    6. I was familiar with Beamdog, had and account, and had bought plenty of games
        0.00%
    7. Other
        1.79%
    8. Show results
        0.00%

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I hadn't heard of beamdog, but I did know about the MDK2 overhaul
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    This poll is gonna be very top heavy...
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    One thing is sure from this poll: BGEE put Beamdog on the map.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Interesting poll.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I was familiar with Beamdog/Overhaul/IdeaSpark Labs due to some(/most(? I'm not even sure now given the new recruits/contractors, it's a bit offset now depending on how you look at it)) of them being at BioWare previously. Other than that, I had only a small amount of interest prior to BG:EE. I created accounts with the sole purpose of pre-ordering BG:EE (Beamdog.com account) and keeping up-to-date with the news regarding its release (forum account).
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Not at all.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Even if Beamdog didn't make it past this whole contract deal, atleast they got alot of publicity from making BG:EE
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    At least the health bar is almost full. :D
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Not Beamdog no, but I had heard the names of members of staff - Trent Oster, Cam Tofer etc.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Not in the slightest
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Fuck all