Skip to content

Running BG2 through the BGEE interface?

Apologies if the question has already been discussed, but I was wondering if it would be possible, if someone already owned BG2, that there was a mod that allowed you to run BG2 through the BGEE interface/game (so you could keep the improvements from BGEE but run the areas/quests/etc. From BG2)?

Comments

• VishnuVishnu Member Posts: 66
    There's no such mod...yet.

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I would like a mod that does it the other way. I would like to play BGEE with BG2 interface if possible? :P
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I would like to play bg2 with archaic interface :) speaking of archaic GUI, @archaic do u plan on making your interface for bg2ee when it comes out?
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @ChildofBhaal599 - I was planning on it...but I'm just not sure at the moment. This contract dispute with Beamdog and Atari is taking the wind out of my sails.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    if your still available when the times comes i would love to see it. hopefully this dispute is almost done :(
    @SionIV said:

I would like a mod that does it the other way. I would like to play BGEE with BG2 interface if possible? :P

How come? I don't understand exactly why, as BGEE interface is just superior to BG2 (as it's newer).

I'd actually be very happy to be able to play BG2 at real high resolution, because while widescreen mod is ok, it's not the same...
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I just want an GUI for BG2 that natively supports anything above 1024x768 resolutions...

Going beyond that it seems to be stretching the 800x600 resolution to whatever you choose.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Vishnu said:

@SionIV said:

How come? I don't understand exactly why, as BGEE interface is just superior to BG2 (as it's newer).

I'd actually be very happy to be able to play BG2 at real high resolution, because while widescreen mod is ok, it's not the same...
    In my opinion there is really nothing superior about it. It got a horrible colour and it looks shoddy and hastily done. It's one of the few things that put me of about a great game.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @SionIV and @Vishnu

It's a matter of taste, really. It's always better to have a choice so that anyone can get what he wants.

When there's only one variant there certainly will be people loving and others hating it.

The variety is the best. So, I vote for several mods (BGEE interface for BG2, BG2 interface for BGEE, archaic interface for both BG2 and BG2EE and so on).
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Sort of funny... that it looks like we're going to have to end up with a version of Tutu/BGT... to port BG2 into BG1EE.
    bengoshi said:

@SionIV and @Vishnu

It's a matter of taste, really. It's always better to have a choice so that anyone can get what he wants.

When there's only one variant there certainly will be people loving and others hating it.

The variety is the best. So, I vote for several mods (BGEE interface for BG2, BG2 interface for BGEE, archaic interface for both BG2 and BG2EE and so on).

Certainly, can't disagree with that. I (would)just love the possibility of running BG2 with proper resolution on my widescreen.