Skip to content

Poison quest in BG city -- Q complete but still poisoned

glebmglebm Member Posts: 3
edited November 2013 in Fixed
I got poisoned. Got the potion from Lothander, put it in the potion bag (it grouped with antidote!).
Killed the other guy -- quest complete, but there aren't any potions on his body, and I only have Lothander's half of the potion.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Where did you kill Marek? In the Blushing Mermaid Inn? He didn't drop his half of the antidote?

The easy fix is to go back to the upstairs of the Blushing Mermaid and CLUAConsole:CreateItem("potn47");, which will trigger the area script to set the global variable and cure you of the poison.
  • glebmglebm Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Hi! I killed him in the Blushing Mermaid, and he didn't drop his half (probably because Lothander's half was in the potion bag when I killed him). Unfortunately I am in Candlekeep already. By the way, how can one invoke the console on Mac?

(looks like the main bug is that the game does not detect quest items when they are in potion / scroll case -- saw it happen a few times throughout my game -- although it wasn't a matter of life & death until now)
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    edited July 2013
    glebm said:

By the way, how can one invoke the console on Mac?

Honestly, I did not know so I looked up the answer here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16320/mac-faq. Odd...the link is going to the second page rather than the first one. hrm....anyway, once you have console open use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PartyCured","GLOBAL",1); and that should fix it. If the console doesn't work, if you have either EEKeeper or NearInfinity then you can open the baldur.sav file in your savegame slot and edit/update the variable there.

• glebmglebm Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, it worked! <3