Skip to content

Should I give up and start again?

2»

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    atcDave said:

kamuizin said:

atcDave said:

Well I'd never accept a paladin playing Robin Hood. But a NG... maybe. Especially in a flagrantly evil community. Agree completely about the Lawful-stupid part.

Well... there's the paladin of freedom class.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/house-rules/classes/paladin-of-freedom

Also, there's the Holy Liberator official prestige class, displayed in the Complete Divine Player Handbook, that are a prestige class paladin of the specific chaotic good alignment, many times taken by chaotic good fighters or rangers and by some chaotic good clerics and even thiefs also, the very example of robin hood paladin.
    Those are all later rule sets. If your going to have a CG paladin that seems more reasonable. But in 2E, Paladins are all lawful-good, so Robin Hood seems much more unlikely.
    Blackguard, sorcerers and monks are 3.5Ed classes too, Many of the kits are in fact, still they're in BG:EE, but as i didn't take this discussion from the begin (and i'm a bit lazy to read everything now), if possible, can someone tell me the main point of the paladin discussion in this thread?
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    It was only about if it was reasonable role playing to allow Imoen to run off to "scout" on occasion or if it was in some way taking advantage or exploiting game mechanics.
    I'm mostly fine with it (as long as Imoen is played as the "good" character she is supposed to be); others were less favorable.
    hmmm i see, well, not much in fact, i really can't understand how this start point become a paladin discussion.

Sometimes i wonder myself about Imoen end in ToB,

where she lead a thief guild in waterdeep

and that just don't fit well with a good character. No matter how nice you are,

a thief guild will always fuck with other ppl life
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    It's not a paladin discussion, there were just a couple comments. I do agree Imoen seems like a poor candidate to lead a thieves guild. But hey, I didn't write it...
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    A Robin hood-like thieves guild that steals from evil or overly greedy people. (Waterdeep is home to one of the biggest cells of Harpers, and while they're all about goodness and fighting tyranny, they don't hesitate to "meddle" with people they don't think are doing as they should, even if said people are otherwise good.)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    edited July 2013
    @zanathkariashi the harpers are kinda stupid neutral... Hence everyone not a Harper thinking harpers are, er, dicks. Never was quite sure, plot device aside, why developers in fr liked them so much.
    Well my friend, that is called "manipulate the information", aka media (normally). The harpers doesn't act to people cheer or praise them (this is Radiant Heart function), they act based on their beliefs and in their sense of justice.