Skip to content

TV/Movie/Game quotes that give you goosebumps *Possible Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Moomintroll Damn your eye's Sir. You have a discerning taste for the grandiose and blessed verve!
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    edited July 2013
    Well, if books are fair play...

If you have to look along the shaft of an arrow from the wrong end, if a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you're going to die. So they'll talk. They'll gloat.

They'll watch you squirm. They'll put off the moment of murder like another man will put off a good cigar.

So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    More BSG greatness. Two Battlestars coming close to a fight.

Adama: You told me they'd get a fair trial. What kind of a trial could they have possibly had?

Cain: I assure you I heard them out. I weighed their statements against those of the guards and I took into consideration their service records and commendations. It was a difficult decision, Commander, but I dare say it was a fair one.

Adama: They have the right to have their case heard by a jury.

Cain: I am a flag officer on detached service during a time of war. Regulations give me broad authority in this matter.

Adama (to Tigh): Launch the fighters. (to Cain): You can quote me whatever regulation you'd like. I'm not going to let you execute my men.

Cain: I highly suggest you reconsider that statement, Commander.

Fisk: Admiral, Galactica is launching Vipers and a Raptor.

Cain: Commander, why are you launching Vipers?

Adama: Please arrange for Chief Tyrol and Lieutenant Agathon to be handed over to my Marines as soon as they arrive.

Cain: I don't take orders from you!

Adama: Call it whatever you like. I'm getting my men.

Cain: You are making such a mistake.

Adama: I'm getting my men.
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Shakespeares The Tempest, Silmarillion and Han Solo, but no idea about the ones after Caliban.
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Just read Terry Pratchett's Guards! Guards! and this line from a dragon is just something that describes the history of humanity so well: We were dragons. We were supposed to be cruel, cunning, heartless and terrible. But this much I can tell you, you ape: We never burned and tortured and ripped one another apart and called it morality.

Just... wow.

Another one from the same book, from the Patrician, Vetinari: Down there are people who will follow any dragon, worship any god, ignore any iniquity. All out of a kind of humdrum, everyday badness. Not the really high, creative loathsomeness of the great sinners, but a sort of mass-produced darkness of the soul. Sin, you might say, without a trace of originality. They accept evil not because they say yes, but because they don't say no.

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    More buckets of awesome from the Pratchett well of genius.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Man, we could just fill this thread with Pratchett quotes.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The first two Star Wars quotes were Princess Leia.

The last Star Wars quote was an unnamed x-wing fighter, who gets told to "Cut the chatter..."