Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Tumblr Trolling

QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
I kinda felt the need to share this with you guys. I dunno this person sounded like they were bragging hardcore about something entirely unimpressive so I had to kick them down a notch. All in good fun mind you :)

Comments

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Trolling n00bs is always fun. XD
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    "Motherf*$%ing Garrick man!"

The standard example of incompetence.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Oi, keep in mind that Garrick is just Cameron Tofer's role in the game. If he had to act himself, then he would have had 25 in all stats Level 50/50/50 Sorcerer/Paladin/Priest of Talos triple wielding Carsomyrs! D:
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Ironically, I actually enjoy having Garrick in my parties. But yes, as @Drugar said, he is "the standard example of incompetence." Plus I'm sure if you asked said Tumblr user, they would definitely think their PC was miles beyond that "worthless Garrick."
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm going to go ahead and drop this here--bragging about trolling is probably just as bad as trolling itself.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Besides, trolling is a word thrown way too easy nowadays.
    Dee said:

I'm going to go ahead and drop this here--bragging about trolling is probably just as bad as trolling itself.

@Dee ...Aaaannd?
    Just bear it in mind. I don't want this site to develop a reputation for bullying people on their tumblr accounts. ;)

Besides, trolling is a word thrown way too easy nowadays.

Agreed; I mean what I did was hardly trolling, considering I gave the person a disclaimer... AKA sissied out, I'm just not mean enough.
    (I definitely didn't see the hashtags at the bottom... Excuse me while I go get my eyes checked...!)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I have no clue what this is about but i say "hell yeah fükerem" and yes you did it!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I cans do brag better!!! I beat like 4 ankhegs with levels 1 ranger/cleric and level 1 imoen and 1 potion of speed. Then I goes south south of Beregost after adding Neera and few levels and ranger/cleric kills vampiric wolf by self with maces +1.
    @Tresset WHOA MANG DATS SO LEGIT.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667

Oi, keep in mind that Garrick is just Cameron Tofer's role in the game. If he had to act himself, then he would have had 25 in all stats Level 50/50/50 Sorcerer/Paladin/Priest of Talos triple wielding Carsomyrs! D:

Cam is Minsc. Garrick just has his face.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    i don't know why, but this just feels appropriate =)

Nimbul: I am death, come for thee. Surrender, and thy passage shall be... quicker.

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    That's not trolling, that's just pointing out someone's tactic really isn't very impressive.

Trolling, *real* trolling, is just taking the piss in an annoying but harmless way, online. What the media thinks 'trolling' is, is hateful, nasty comments on someone's page for no reason, and with no humour. That's not trolling, that's just being an arsehole.
    edited July 2013
    @Mangus_Grelich Alright sir, why don't you come up with a better title for my thread then? I had to come up with something that rolled off the tongue and was at least moderately accurate, while also telling what the thread is actually about. I wasn't fully satisfied with the thread title myself. Why don't you comment on the content of the actual thread instead of the damn title? You nit-pickers on this forum are really starting to piss me off. Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

And incoming the "whoa man calm down I didn't mean it that way" reply. I don't care. Either comment something beneficial in my threads or don't comment at all, otherwise it's annoying, it really is that simple.
    @Quartz: I wasn't "nit-picking", as you put it, and I certainly wasn't having a go at you. I was simply following up someone's comment about how the word 'troll' is used in the wrong context. Take your panties out of your butt, man.
    Also, drop the internet tough guy act, no-one cares, you tool.
    There's no need for either of you to be hostile. Remember the Site Rules.
    @Quartz: I've been noticing you've been taking a rather provocative attitude as off lately. It's quite a shame, because I've seen you acting more reasonable in the past. I could actually say you are trolling right now, because from what I've seen in my time on the internet, trolling usually consists of someone acting in such a provocative way to others, usually leading to off-topic debates, insults and generally derailing of the topic itself. Just calm down. We're all trying to be a group of decent people here, and I'd hate to see us failing. There are enough crappy forums out there already.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks everyone for reminding me why I never make threads. I'll make sure to remember that the next time I try to actually contribute anything.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Well, I like the thread well enough...

Hmm. I don't make many threads either actually. Probably because I second guess myself too much.
    @Quartz: Well, if we 'nitpickers' really tick you off that much, maybe you shouldn't make such topics here on this forum. I suggest you go to the off-topic section of the Bioware Social Network, maybe the mentality of the people there is better to your liking. I for one know why I left the damn place. You haven't even seen what nitpicking actually is. Maybe you will there.
    You don't need to be antagonistic either, @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud. We welcome discussion here; all we ask is that people be respectful of each other (yes, even when they make a mistake).
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Calm down people.

It's only a thread. Hehe.
    @fitscotgaymer: Nope, totally gotta take it seriously, as I got no life. :p
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I think the guy's enthusiasm with the game is quite endearing, really.
    @Kilivitz: I think we all were so enthusiastic when playing BG for th first time. :)
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    That's exactly why!