Skip to content

Fireball scroll?

I been using the fire wand with great success, just wondering if there is any fireball scroll and if so where?

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    There are some scattered around. The locations elude me at the moment, but they're there.

Skull Trap (Mage) and Glyph of Warding (Cleric) work similarly.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    You can find Fireball scrolls at Sorcerous Sundries and on various mages, mostly inside Baldur's Gate itself, or in TotSC areas. The earliest opportunity to obtain one is in the bandit camp.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Wisp said:

You can find Fireball scrolls at Sorcerous Sundries and on various mages, mostly inside Baldur's Gate itself, or in TotSC areas. The earliest opportunity to obtain one is in the bandit camp.

Unless they've changed something you should be able to get one off of Lendarn in the Firewine Ruins.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    elminster said:

Unless they've changed something you should be able to get one off of Lendarn in the Firewine Ruins.

Right. I overlooked him. Likely because I always save Kamikaze-lightning-bolt Lendarn for later in the game.
  • raxtorenraxtoren Member Posts: 228
    edited July 2013
    Let me guess, Firewine ruins is somewhere at Firewine Bridge region??
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    raxtoren said:

Yup :P Check the ruins on the hill, there's an entrance to a dungeon of sorts. I don't remember if there's fireballs there, but it's a nice place to explore anyway.
    raxtoren said:

You can access the firewine ruins from the Firewine Bridge area. There is another way to access it, but since this is technically a no-spoilers part of the forum I won't say how. :)
    edited July 2013
    My party is level 5 and outside cloakwood forest ;) I will go there later - thanks for helping.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I also believe that if you recruit dynaheir when she is level 5+ she will have fireball by default
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    You can buy skull trap (same level but more useful since it allows for cheese) at High Hedge.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited July 2013
    Everyone always seems to forget about random drops. It is available as a random drop from specific monsters. Greater Basilisks, Greater or normal doppelgangers, skeleton warriors, ogre mages, and maybe some other stuff I forgot about. Anyway, chances are that if it drops a skydrop gem or a cheese gem it also drops random level 3 scrolls. In fact there is one spell scroll that is in BG:EE that can only be obtained (without cheating) from a random drop.
    What scroll is that @Tresset?
    k I just finished cloakwood mines and im heading for the ruins now ;=)

ps! geez that haste spell on minsc, with speed boots.... his speed was ridiculous some mage who teleported never managed to teleport away from him, he was always at the next teleporation ready.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    raxtoren said:

ps! geez that haste spell on minsc, with speed boots....

Minsc on speed... OR Boo for that matter... Can't make my head shutup.

the question is, who is the real hero ... boo or minsc? I mean, boo does go for the eyes ;=)
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    So does Kyle Raynor.

Heroes are totally allowed to shoot first and hit below the belt. Hell, disabling your opponent quickly means you're more likely to NOT kill them.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @CaptRory Invisibility 10' radius.
    @Tresset Ahh~ Okay! Yeah~ That would be terribly handy to have. And I've never seen it sold anywhere. So it drops huh? Cool.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    CaptRory said:

@Tresset Ahh~ Okay! Yeah~ That would be terribly handy to have. And I've never seen it sold anywhere. So it drops huh? Cool.

I've never seen it drop in my entire 180k xp run. =(

Would've been really useful when running from the law...

CaptRory said:

I've never seen it drop in my entire 180k xp run. =(

Would've been really useful when running from the law...
    Spam glitterdust instead :) ?
    I remember way back when I first beat the game, I actually beat the flaming fist guys unconscious with my party's fists. Does that still work?
    CaptRory said:

I remember way back when I first beat the game, I actually beat the flaming fist guys unconscious with my party's fists. Does that still work?

Yep. So long as you aren't a monk.
    correct me if im wrong, that flaming fist guy was also like a crazy racist???
    He said something like "she is a drow" but then again... almost every f'ing drow in the game seems to be evil ;)
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    almost every f'ing drow in the game seems to be evil ;)
    Almost all drow are evil, and Viconia did kill a number of people on the surface (as expanded upon in BG2).
    ambrennan said:

almost every f'ing drow in the game seems to be evil ;)
    Almost all drow are evil, and Viconia did kill a number of people on the surface (as expanded upon in BG2).

wasnt she a slave or something? sorry, was many years since I played Bg2.

Let's just say the farmer and his boys had it coming. And there may have been banjo music.