Skip to content

Visual bug, window is in text box, centre screen is black!

Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I recently purchased Baulder's Gate Enhanced Edition via Steam.
I love the series, and now my nephew and I can play it together and it brings me a lot of joy.

While the game works fine on his laptop, I am unable to get it working on my computer.
I asked Steam for support, but they were very unhelpful. It is only after some digging I found this forum!

Problem:
Anyway, the problem is shown in the attached image.

All sub-menus and screens work fine. The actual main screen however has a visual problem. It seems the main window is black, while all the action that would have happened there has moved to the text-box area. I can see my character move around when clicking in the black area, but obviously the game is unplayable like this.

I also have the original Baulder's Gate installed, but when I try to load the next disc after Candlekeep it crashes. This could be totally unrelated, but I didn't know if having a copy of the original game on my computer could cause issues.

Specs:
Unfortunately I am not technically minded, but I have been told by my nephew my computer runs on "Window's Vista 64-bit, with an ATI Radeon 4580 Graphic's Card with up to date drivers".

If any other technical information is needed, please let me know and I will ask my nephew to do some more digging.

Kind Regards

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    email support@beamdog.com with this. Hopefully someone can figure out what is going on.
  • AshkayelAshkayel Member Posts: 2
    @Colimp Did you manage to resolve the issue? I have the same problem...
  • lsanchezojolsanchezojo Member Posts: 4
    i have the same problem... :(
    any solution?? i have ati x1400...
  • yvincentyvincent Member Posts: 1
    Exact same problem here. Same screen as the picture above from Colimp. Did anyone solve it?????
  • SirErikSirErik Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    I have the exact same problem on my laptop but it's playing fine on my PC... Never found out what was the problem. Using Windows 7 64 bits on my PC and 32 bits on my laptop, different hardware. My PC run on Nvidia GTX 650 TI and my laptop on ATI x1400... Both are all up to date... Intel graphic chipset is disabled on my laptop.