Skip to content

Ring of Regeneration

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
Hello everyone!

Would like to praise one of the most awesome items in the whole game here.

Ring of Regeneration

Wearer regenerates 1 hit point every 6 seconds.

Location 1 - Steal from Ribald
Location 2 - Asylum dungeon 1 (Reward for completing stone face challenge)

At first when you look at it, it doesn't look that special. But it's very underestimated and incredible powerful.

- When you walk around and giving in quests, shopping and such you'll regenerate health.
- When you rest you'll regenerate full health.
- When you travel 8 hours or more you'll regenerate full health.

The amazing thing with this ring is when you swap it to other characters in your party.

Have Jaheira lost 22 HP? Then give it to her and let her regenerate them while you run around.

Does minsc only have 7 health left out of 122? Give it to him before you rest and he'll have 122/122 when you wake up.

It's possible to throw it around your whole party and never have to use a single potion or spell in between fights. Sometimes it wanders through my whole party and they all gain full health while i run around in temple district or docks running errands and completing lesser quests.

Honorable mentions : Ring of Gaxx

The ring of Gaxx is a more powerful version of the ring of regeneration and you won't be able to get it as quickly. But between the two rings of regeneration and ring of Gaxx you'll be able to easily keep up 3-4 party members constantly and don't have to swap the rings as much.

Comments

• MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    The only issue with the Rings of Regen is that 1 hp/6 is far from enough to make them combat valuable.

For between-combat downtime, there's nothing more useful or convienient.
  • TuckerTucker Member Posts: 16
    Ring of gaxx is very good there is an in game bug where you can acquire 2 of them by pick pocketing the litch as he spawns before his conversation starts then looting a second of his corps, you can actually do the same with ring of the ram pick pocketing the ring from the coweld wizard in the government building then again looting of him in the planesphere.
    I only mention the ring of the ram because it's the best in game way of killing Kangaxx or whatever his name is in his second form he has like 50hp but immense immunity so with 2 rings of the ram 3 including Simulacrum you can do roughly 60 dmg before your team starts getting put in the dead book.

i didn't discover this, it's from a guide i read a long time ago by someone who's name escapes my memory but i thought id just pass this on so people who are interested can gain a little from an in game exploit rather than enabling the clause console.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    They do help a little bit in combat if you put them on your tank / fighters, but their true use come from between fights.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited July 2013
    Mathmick said:

The only issue with the Rings of Regen is that 1 hp/6 is far from enough to make them combat valuable.

For between-combat downtime, there's nothing more useful or convienient.

It depends. @SionIV forgot to mention that if you drink an Oil of Speed or you're under the effect of Haste, your regen rate doubles.
    So a Ring of Regeneration will regen 1hp/3sec and a Ring of Gaxx 1hp/1.5sec.
    Ring of Gaxx under Improved Haste looks to me even faster, I just tried it, and THAT makes the difference in a fight :)
    Tucker said:

Ring of gaxx is very good there is an in game bug where you can acquire 2 of them by pick pocketing the litch as he spawns before his conversation starts then looting a second of his corps, you can actually do the same with ring of the ram pick pocketing the ring from the coweld wizard in the government building then again looting of him in the planesphere.
    I only mention the ring of the ram because it's the best in game way of killing Kangaxx or whatever his name is in his second form he has like 50hp but immense immunity so with 2 rings of the ram 3 including Simulacrum you can do roughly 60 dmg before your team starts getting put in the dead book.

i didn't discover this, it's from a guide i read a long time ago by someone who's name escapes my memory but i thought id just pass this on so people who are interested can gain a little from an in game exploit rather than enabling the clause console.

You can't do it anymore, both Tolgerias and Kangaxx have been fixed and you won't be able to get the same ring 2 times.

Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Only the highest regen is used though, and only same regens can stack. ( I figured it up a while back, stacking all the 1/round regen items and 25 con allows for 7/round (6/round without con)).

Only the highest regen is used though, and only same regens can stack. ( I figured it up a while back, stacking all the 1/round regen items and 25 con allows for 7/round (6/round without con)).

High constitution doesn't regenerate when you walk around, only when you rest.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited July 2013
    SionIV said:

It does, it's just very slow (20 CON is 1 HP/turn, IIRC).
    edited July 2013
    blah
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    A high fiber diet also helps with regeneration.
    edited July 2013
    Wisp said:

SionIV said:

Are you sure about this? In my game at the moment i can stand 30 minutes still waiting for Jaheiras romance dialogue to triger and my 20 constitution dwarf barbarian doesn't gain any health at all for the wait?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    SionIV said:

Wisp said:

SionIV said:

Are you sure about this? In my game at the moment i can stand 30 minutes still waiting for Jaheiras romance dialogue to triger and my 20 constitution dwarf barbarian doesn't gain any health at all for the wait?
    it certainly use to in BG1.
    elminster said:

SionIV said:

Wisp said:

SionIV said:

it certainly use to in BG1.
    I play with a heavily modded BG2 now so it might be a mod, but i never felt that having 19 or 20 constitution made a difference except for resting.
    I will make a dwarven fighter and test it in BG1 now. Shouldn't take too long to get the constitution manual especially with Jaheira's invisibility potion.
    elminster said:

I will make a dwarven fighter and test it in BG1 now. Shouldn't take too long to get the constitution manual especially with Jaheira's invisibility potion.

I'm playing BGT and haven't touched the original BG1 in many years so can't remember. I'm sure Wisp is correct i just don't notice any difference in health on my 20 con dwarf in my run.
    Fair enough I just tested it and it does increase it in BG1 its just super slow.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Kagain has 20 con and regenerates most of his wounds when you travel between maps.

Is ring of regeneration in bg:ee? I remember seeing its item file in shadowkeeper, perhaps it is sold in Blackpits?
    lunar said:

Kagain has 20 con and regenerates most of his wounds when you travel between maps.

Is ring of regeneration in bg:ee? I remember seeing its item file in shadowkeeper, perhaps it is sold in Blackpits?

From my own experience now you regenerate health when you travel between maps and rest with 20 constitution. But my dwarf will not regenerate anything if he's standing still for half an hour.

If it is in BGEE it's in blackpits.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    It's possible to get 3 Ring of the Ram in vanilla BG2.

-Steal the first one from Tolgeria.
    -Kill Valygar and bring his corpse to Tolgeria. Have high charisma and demand a greater reward from Tolgeria in exchange of the body. Then dump the body on the ground so that you dont lose it.
    -Kill Tolgeria.

For super regeneration, have 2 Ring of Gaax and wear the Boot of Speed. The regen rate is multiplied by 4 (+4 hp every 3 second, +8 hp per round, +80 hp per turn!)
    20 regen is RIDICULOUSLY slow. 25 is 1/round and is much more noticeable.

20 Con is 1 hp per 10 minutes, by the way.
    SionIV said:

lunar said:

From my own experience now you regenerate health when you travel between maps and rest with 20 constitution. But my dwarf will not regenerate anything if he's standing still for half an hour.

If it is in BGEE it's in blackpits.
    Yea you can get it in the black pits. I just checked :)
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    I feel as though Kagain's regen might be a bit sped up over what it should be for 20 CON. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    edited July 2013

I just checked. 20 CON is 1 HP/turn, 25 CON is 1 HP every 10 seconds (backed up up by the 2DA, btw).
    edited July 2013
    Wisp said:

I just checked. 20 CON is 1 HP/turn, 25 CON is 1 HP every 10 seconds (backed up up by the 2DA, btw).
    My 20 con characters don't get 1 HP/turn.
    SionIV said:

My 20 con characters don't get 1 HP/turn.

It's probably gremlins causing it.
    (If you are really interested, you can take a look at your hpconbon.2da in e.g., NI. Maybe it's modded.)
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

1hp/turn = 1hp/60sec
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited July 2013
    Never mind.
    @SpaceInvader

Doesn't matter what it's supposed to be, I'm correct about what it is....you can sit there for 9minutes and not heal a single hp, but as soon as that 10th minute pops, bam, 1 hp....also the hp amounts healed on rest and transition are consistent with 10 minutes intervals. An 8 hour rest heals a maximum of 48 hp.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    CamDawg said:

bbear said:

It's possible to get 3 Ring of the Ram in vanilla BG2.

-Steal the first one from Tolgeria.
    -Kill Valygar and bring his corpse to Tolgeria. Have high charisma and demand a greater reward from Tolgeria in exchange of the body. Then dump the body on the ground so that you dont lose it.
    -Kill Tolgeria.

For super regeneration, have 2 Ring of Gaax and wear the Boot of Speed. The regen rate is multiplied by 4 (+4 hp every 3 second, +8 hp per round, +80 hp per turn!)

Oh @bbear, you're going to hate BG2EE.

EEkeeper!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    In regards to the quest to restore Kangaxx... Your character kinda has to be the single biggest moron in the multiverse if they actually believe that helping Kangaxx is really a good idea. Yet we all do it don't we?