Skip to content

You start a new game of BG:EE. What you do first?

FavreFavre Member Posts: 33
What's the first thing you would like to explore in BG:EE? What's gonna be your first move?

Comments

• WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Create a game on PC and then transfer over to Ipad? Or ingame? First thing I'l do is kill the wizard who awards tons of XP in the begining :P Then I'l go chase after the new NPC's... And watch how the blackguard goes crazy due to high rep ^^*
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    edited August 2012
    Rob everyone blind!

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Dream said:

Hit reroll a couple hundred times.

this......and then scrap the char, and then this again......
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Well, technically my first move would be to assemble a preliminary party from whoever's available (probably Imoen, Jaheira and Viconia), but the first thing I'd do specifically in relation to the EE is recruit Dorn and Neera.
    hmmmm i can't help but hope (not sure if it's stated?) that dorn is named after his voice actor, michael dorn :)
  • BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 15
    Dream said:

this......and then scrap the char, and then this again......

+1 REROLL like the end of the world is coming :) One of the things I love most in the game is character creation.
    would kinda be nice if i could save more then 1 roll, sometimes i forget what the roll i saved was, and you can't compare it to what you're looking at now.....say, do a quick compare to what i have saved and then make a choice to save the one i just rolled.....geez, hard to explain what i mean
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    I'm just gonna take in the ambiance of the game for a few minutes. Haven't played BG1 for so long. Oh and then I'll go on a killing spree :p
  • FavreFavre Member Posts: 33
    Me that''s gonna be...

Friendly Arm's inn ---- Get the ring of wizzard in the bush ---- profit
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Gonna see what that new class does and deside if its worth playing. Played all other classes all ready.
    The thing is you can't really be pure evil even if you want to. After all, at the end of the story, you ended up by helping everyone and saving the sword coast.

I'm just wondering how the blackguard gonna fit in here.
    kill gorion, then laugh at saravok, telling him (for a change) that he's too slow
    Drugar said:

Favre said:

The thing is you can't really be pure evil even if you want to. After all, at the end of the story, you ended up by helping everyone and saving the sword coast.

You take blood vengeance on your brother by stabbing him repeatedly with a sword, after which you scoop out his glowing eyeballs with a rusty melon baller.
    Stopping a war and saving lives are just a byproduct of the eyescooping.

IRT Topic
    Give a potion to a cow, book to old lady, sword to lazy guard, scroll to elf, beat up a dwarf, beat up some rats, beat up two assassins, beat up some monsters with some friends, talk to a pink chick, buy some stuff, talk to my dad, leave my castle, get him killed, run away, meet up with pink chick, kill some wolves, convince a guy to jump, kill some gibberlings, meet up with two loons and then set out to save and/or kill a whole bunch of people.
    Not to insult your playing style, but that sounds a bit unorthidox......you heathen
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Favre said:

Being evil isnt necessarilly about going round killing people, making their lives a misery and avoiding every situation in which you might indivertably help someone else.

Will your character give a damn about helping the sword coast when he/she kills sarevok? No, an evil persons motives would probably be entirely different. Though it is more difficult being evil n BG I must admit.
  • kitstjohnkitstjohn Member Posts: 3
    Watch the opening movie... Go ooh at the pretty new graphics.
    My point is: if you play a Chaotic Evil character, would it be great for you to see the sword coast at war? What do you really get by stopping all this scheme? Of course you get the satisfaction of revenge over the murder of gorion but to reach this goal, you have to help everyone's out.

We have the choice to pick the alignement we want but the story force you to play otherwise. And most of the stuff and quest and intreaction you get are by accepting to help people
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    Get frustrated that I can't find the new followers and then complain about it on the internet.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    I was going to mention that joining with sarevok and then backstabbing him during/after the war might be preferable for someone of evil thinking (though he seems pretty intent on ending your life throughout the game) :p.

*Spoilers*

But once you realise that youre a child of bhaal and a potential god, killing sarevok asap is a good idea to stop him gaining power when your goal is to have that power/become a god yourself.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Favre said:

As others have already said, it's all in how you choose to RP the Bhaalspawn. I went with Neutral Evil in my first playthrough, so for my character it was all about self-interest - she only helps people if there's something in it for her, and she's smart enough to understand the value of good PR (hence not letting her reputation drop to the point where the Flaming Fist start chasing her around, just pull Timmy out of the nearest labyrinth and people will leave you alone).

As for the broader plot, I agree with the other posters: Evil characters have just as much justification to follow the plot as Good characters. If you're Lawful, you're foiling the Iron Throne because their plans will throw the entire region into utter chaos; if you're Neutral, you're hunting Sarevok specifically because he won't stop sending killers after you; if you're Chaotic, you'd rather rampage and kill your enemies than get caught up in a war where everyone is fighting all the time. :)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Trying to give 18 points to all stats.
  • RunarielRunariel Member Posts: 13
    First thing I'll do is create the first female dwarf I've every played that doesn't have a beard and not mind about the romances I'll miss that way.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    Dream said:

I disagree. First choose, race, then class, THEN reroll a couple hundred times. :D
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    edited August 2012
    Decide if I wanna roll mage or paladin.. and then spend the next 24 hours pressing reroll :p

And when friends ask how BG:EE is.. I respond sincerely "Its the best game I have played in years :D"

yes.. yes.. I do have problems.. and yes.. I need help with them ;)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Save the game and then proceed to attempt to import the file to BG2 as well as open it in various programs to check compatibility/modifiability and how similar it is to current savefiles.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Hm, enjoy the game. :)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2012
    First thing: inhale

Second thing: exhale