Skip to content

Human Beserker Portrait

LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
Does anybody know of any nice ones?

I like this one, but I can't get it to work with BG:EE on my Mac, for whatever reason.

Comments

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    That's probably because the sizes are wrong. BG:EE works with: 210x330 , 169x266, 54x84
    Try these:
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited July 2013
    I thank you very much, it's weird though. I copied the edited images and now they don't appear under my custom portraits! I can see them in the documents file. What the...

Nevermind I got it. THANKS!!
    Post edited by Lateralus on
    Syntia13
    @Syntia13 Not sure how you did it, but can you resize this portrait of the same fighter in a different pose?

When I do it, it saves, but the sizes don't adhere.

• ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    I use Drogo from the game of thrones but I couldn't find one where he wields a weapon or something but it's good enough for me :P
    Depending on the graphic software you use and exact dimensions and quality of the original picture, scaling can give slightly different results. If the proportions are off, you can either add a thin black bar at the top or side, or trim a pixel or two from top/sides.
    Also note that while 310x210 scales down perfectly to 169X266, it doesn't scale to 54X84, but 54x85, and you always have to trim away that extra pixel.
    I use GIMP for all picture-tweaking, and resizing takes me about 3 minutes. Here you go:
    Lateralus
    I have 45 "likes", you may have them all.
    Syntia13
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I like these ones. It makes it look like he's already in a rage.
    lolien
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Lateralus said:

Does anybody know of any nice ones?

I like this one, but I can't get it to work with BG:EE on my Mac, for whatever reason.

To me that looks like Will Ferrell.
    @ syntia13

I got the GIMP app and I'm checking it out. Rescaling pics seems easy, I don't yet understand how to convert images into .BMP. Have any advice?
    Oh, free likes! Thank you. ;)

Converting goes like this: after you have the picture just as you like it and in correct size, you click the 'file' dropdown menu. There are commands for 'save' and 'save as', but you skip those and look lower, at 'export' and 'export as'. Click one of those.
    A dialog box pops up, in which there there are three areas:
    suggested name of the file,
    suggested place where the file will be saved,
    and a list of file types. The list of file types is by default folded/hidden, and you need to click on the little '+' to show it. The file types are listed with both file extension (.bmp, .jpg, .ico, etc) and a short description (bitmap, jpeg image, icon file, etc).
    You can either chose bmp from this list, OR, much faster way, just go to the line with suggested file name and type in the desired name with proper extension, e.g., 'figh_L.bmp'.
    Then either press enter or click 'ok'.
    Another dialog box pops up; there are two '+' pluses :
    + compatibility options
    + advanced settings

Click the '+' next to 'advanced settings', and you'll be presented with a choice of several possible color depths. Chose 24 bit, as this is the highest value BG accepts, press enter or click 'ok', and that's it. Your portrait is saved.

Now scale it down to 169x266, click 'file', 'export as', change the file name to, e.g., 'figh_M.bmp', click 'ok', make sure that advanced settings are still set at 24 bit, click 'ok'.
    Now scale down to 54x85, use trim tool to make it 54x84, click 'file', 'export as', change the file name to, e.g., 'figh_S.bmp', click ok, make sure that advanced settings are still set at 24 bit... and you've got a set of portraits ready to go. :)
    Ok. I probably should have mentioned that I am using the mac version. Sowwy.
    Ooooh. In this case, I've got nothing. Anything that's not PC is black magic for me, including cell phones. ;)
  • jakaminskijakaminski Member Posts: 100
    Using the mac version of GIMP it should be basically the same as Syntia13 described it. You don't really have to expand the file types box though, you can just make the extension at the end of the filename ".bmp" and GIMP will figure it out. From there you just have to have to make sure you open up advanced options and set it to 24 bit color before you save.

So the whole process is basically . . .

1) Make sure your image size and resolution is correct (210x330 for large, 169x266 for medium, 54x84 for small, 200 dpi). If not this can be adjusted in Image>Scale Image.

2) File>Export, change extension to .bmp, select Export

3) Expand Advanced Options and change to 24 bit color

4) Make sure your filename is 8 characters or less and add to your portraits directory for the game.
    LateralusSyntia13
    @ jakaminski

That was easy! No idea what you mean by "dpi", but I didn't change the resolution and it turned out fine. I made images for Safana and Garrick. I am still searching for cool action portraits for Quayle, Neera, and my twin katana wielding beserker with the 18/00 STR.