Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Dark Alience 3?

ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Would you like Dark Alliance 3 and if so developed by who?
  1. Baldur's Gate Dark Alience 3?79 votes
    1. Yes! Snowblind started it and they should end it.
      18.99%
    2. No, because I'm not fun.
        6.33%
    3. Tottaly! Get these new Black isle guys to do it.
        1.27%
    4. No. Just no.
      35.44%
    5. YEAH! Bioware get on this!
      10.13%
    6. No! Have you not played them?
        6.33%
    7. Awesome Idea! Obsidian=True Black Isle, get them to do it
        7.59%
    8. seriously? Why do you want this so much?
      10.13%
    9. I want it Now! Interplay made Brother Hood of steel, they would be great.
        1.27%
    10. Hmmm.....Could be good, Make BeamDog do it.
        2.53%
TJ_Hooker

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    The game was alright. Wouldn't pay $60 for it. $30 tops.
    ST4TICStriker
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    There was a teaser in BG:DA2 and it looked promising, but I dunno if the original developers are still in the business of being able to make it. Beamdog should do it as a combo-platform game though :).
    ST4TICStriker
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I loved both Dark Alliance titles. Would be really happy with a third. I bought that atrocious D&D Daggerdale game for Xbox hoping it'd rekindle some of the magic but it fell flat.
    ST4TICStrikerTJ_Hooker
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    I'd buy it. Maybe not at full price, then again, I only buy full priced games now a days if I REALLY want them. For example, I'd buy BG3 for full price. The next Starcraft expansion for full price. And while I've sunk a ton of hours into the DA games, I don't think they're deep enough to warrant 60 dollars.
    ST4TICStriker
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Yes I want this made, no I don't care who. Someone just make it.
    ST4TICStriker
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Would rather have IWD 3 or PST 2 over that any time.
    ST4TICStrikerMalicron
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    Jolanthus said:

Famous last words.....:)

Will go ask the people who made that 18 wheeler game (the first game to score a 1.0 on gamespot) to make this. :P
    ST4TICStriker
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    Hmmm...... the views on this thread went down.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

I loved both Dark Alliance titles. Would be really happy with a third. I bought that atrocious D&D Daggerdale game for Xbox hoping it'd rekindle some of the magic but it fell flat.

Haha, seems you and me are the only ones who liked the dark alliance games for what they were, rather than what they took their name from.
    Very playable coop console games.
    JolanthussandmanCCLOdin2098
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Bjjorick said:

Jolanthus said:

Famous last words.....:)

Will go ask the people who made that 18 wheeler game (the first game to score a 1.0 on gamespot) to make this. :P
    I don't buy games based on designer. Same way I dont watch movies based on the back room staff.
    mlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2012
    I would really like to have a Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 3. That's the kind of game me and my wife like to play together and they're quite rare nowadays when it seems that 8 out of 10 games is a FPS of some sort.

I can always hope for a Dungeon Siege IV or Marvel Ultimate Allience II...
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I really liked both Dark Alliance games and I'd like to see a third one.

But I can't say that I liked what Snowblind did with Lord of the Rings: War in the North. I really hated the ranged attack system they used in that game or how the areas were divided into tiny segments where you had to defeat waves of enemies before proceeding.

I liked Dungeon Siege III a lot more.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2012
    I didn't vote, as I'd like to see the old Black Isle / Snowblind collaboration but so much time as passed and technology has moved on so far that it would really have to be a game closer to the original BG RPGs or DA in terms of scope to make it viable and it'd have to use the 3.5E ruleset as I believe the pantheon the ending strongly hints at being involved pretty much disappeared from 4E. I absolutely love the BGDA games though so I'd love to see them finish the story, although part of my doesn't want them to do it because I'm writing it myself.

I played Champions of Norrath I & II by Snowblind and though the gameplay is almost identical I just don't have the same affection for the games. The Everquest setting just doesn't have the same cachet for me as FR.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I was about to say that Black Isle doesn't exist anymore, but Interplay revived Black Isle Studios:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Isle_Studios

There's a rumor in this very wiki page, that the new Black Isle studios is involved with Beamdog (specifically Overhaul) in this BG:EE project, but that's for the devs here to clarify.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    @BaldursCat - Champions of Norrath used the same engine as BG:DA+2. Great games too (for console games) - I think Bard's Tale also used the same engine. It was better in BG:DA2 because that allowed moving camera perspective better. Never got too far in Champions though. They were a bit light on plot... good boss fights though, as far as that goes.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Miloch said:

@BaldursCat - Champions of Norrath used the same engine as BG:DA+2. Great games too (for console games) - I think Bard's Tale also used the same engine. It was better in BG:DA2 because that allowed moving camera perspective better. Never got too far in Champions though. They were a bit light on plot... good boss fights though, as far as that goes.

Bard's Tale had potential but I hated the controls. It was as though they'd switched them just to shout "THIS IS DIFFERENT TO BGDA"

Agreed on the Champions boss fights though, even on the lower levels they were pretty difficult but not unbeatable which is probably what kept me playing it. But, and it's a big deal really, the final boss fights were practically impossible so technically I've never finished either game.

• TahoeTahoe Member Posts: 1
    If you want to see Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3, check out this petition.
    http://www.petitionhosting.com/petitions/bgda123
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    @BaldursCat You should try and finish Bard's Tale; it's bloody hilarious, well worth the effort. But if the controls are too annoying for you (lord knows they aren't the best) try to find a Let's Play.

@Kenji I thought we were getting a Torment 2. It might not be Planescape, but still...
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I found the game decently fun when i was 11 and I haven't played it since but I think that if it's done right it could something worth playing.
    lolien
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    No, because I'm selfish. Even if it DA3 would be made, it would be console-only, meaning that I wouldn't have a slightest chance to ever play it.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    They were okay, nothing special. Certainly not a patch on the proper BG games.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    First one was a fun arcade game with Realms theme. Second one was a little easy. I'd gladly play another though, if it didn't cost too much.
  • AidanAidan Member Posts: 1
    1 and 2 were amasing and not just for their time. Games like diablo 3 fail to capture my interest even though they can be adictive; so every few years i will break out my PS2 to have a fulfilling experience with BGDA 1 & 2. A believe BGDA 3 could be a great success, as many modern diablo style RPGs lack a really immerse dungeons and dragons like story telling experience like the one received at the beginning of BGDA 1. Hell i still get goose bumps every time i hear the the Elf Song tavern. For another experience like that I would pay up to $100 any day of the week for a third Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, and know many others that would the same!

here's the Elf Song Tavern music if u want to here it :)
    MoomintrollBaldursCat
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I hate to say it, but dang, have you ever used spellcheck before?
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @sepotter: Yeah, I couldn't help but feel the translater inside me cringe a little at those mistakes... Not that I don't make mistakes myself, though. :p
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Don't really care so much myself, but I did play both, and it would be nice to see the conclusion promised in the teaser at the end of DA2.
    BaldursCat